Help me find: Prior AD for Benchtop Umbrella holder?

HUNTER3401

A while back a fellow had an ad for a umbrella holder that attached to a concrete benchtop. It was vise style mount with a umbrella holder built in. Can anyone remember this ad and send me a phone number or a link? I would appreciate it alot! (samuellhall@msn.com)
Samuel Hall, Boonville,NC

Umbrella

Hunter 3401
Charles Waters in South Carolina makes clamp-on umbrellas for bench tops up to 6 in. thick. Phone Number is (803) 331-6321.
Johnny Lorick

Hunter

You have the answer; however I may have invented this thing. Several years ago I was tired of the sun on my cartridges, glare, etc. One day, I went to Wallyworld and bought one of those coil fishing rod holdiers, got a clamp, welded the ground rod to it, took a golf umbrella, and...I gave some away and then went to a major shoot/gun rally and could have sold 1000 of them. Only fallback-make sure umbrella handle fits in the coil!!!!! Good luck, friend. V/R Greg

Killough Shooting Sports

Check the Killough Shooting Sports Web Site. Danny Keeney makes them, and Dan Killough sells them.

As a last resort you can get one of the rachet wood clamps or a pony clamp about 12-16 inchs long and zip tie the umbrella handle to it.

Save youself some bucks and make your own holder. I used to shoot at a club that had four iifle benches but there was no overhead cover and being in the South, the sun fried you by midday. I simply cut two 4" X 12" pieces of 3/4" yellow pine clamped them together and drilled a hole near one end just very slightly larger than the shaft of a beach umbrella. At the range you slide the two pieces onto the shaft , stand the unbrella upright next to the top, swivel one piece on top of the bench and the other on the bottom, then use a 6" or larger C-clamp to secure the pieces to the bench top. Works perfectly and costs literaly nothing unless you have to buy a C-clamp. Keep the holes only large enough fo the unbrella shaft to slide through the holes. The normal beach umbrella will cover practically all of the bench so you don't have to keep shifting it around as the day goes on. Glue some of that rubber sheeting intended for lining drawers of toolboxes to the side of the wooden pieces that contact the bench surface and it will not move on your in the least.

You can also use a clampholder, used at Golf-matches on the trolley..
Very easy to get in a golfshop...:D

Back