Help me decide on Rempel or Seb JoyPro.

zanemoseley

I've been getting into long range shooting the last year or so and recently got introduced to F class. I've shot some practice strings at a guys farm near me and shot about 375 out of 400 with my Harris bipod but can tell I need something nicer to support my rifle.

I've done some reading and like both the Rempel and Seb JoyPro. Both are really pushing what I want to spend but I want something nice that will last me. My Tikka T3 Sporter .308 with Vortex Razor 4-20 weighs in at just 12 pounds so I have weight to spare, that makes me think the Rempel may be nice to weigh down my rifle. On the other hand the JoyPro seems pretty revolutionary however I've never even used a joystick control rest.

What are your thoughts on the comparison of these two.

Well I just got an email from Henry Rempel and I think his bipod is pretty hard to beat. He sent me some additional pictures and it looks pretty darn sweet and I actually like the added weight since my rifle is only 12 pounds. As an added bonus with the US/CAD exchange rate in my favor its only about another hundred dollars more than the basic Sinclair model and it think its a lot more bipod.

Check out the EVO bi-pod before you buy. It's very similar to the Remple but about half the weight. Will cost you around $200. Although the heavy Remple isn't an issue now, it could be if you get serious about your FTR shooting and go for a long barrelled rifle.

Vince (UK)

Forgot to mention - I use a SEB Joypod myself - I love it but I don't use the joystick - all my adjustments are made by squeezing the rear bag.

Vince (UK)

Check out the EVO bi-pod before you buy. It's very similar to the Remple but about half the weight. Will cost you around $200. Although the heavy Remple isn't an issue now, it could be if you get serious about your FTR shooting and go for a long barrelled rifle.

Vince (UK)

Well I looked up the EVO and it looks more like an Atlas style bipod if I found the right one. The Rempel looks a lot more robust and seems to have more features. My T3 currently has a 24" bull barrel to get to my current 12 pounds, once I add the Rempel I'll be up to about 15.5 pounds. I would think that would think the 2.5 pounds remaining could add quite a few inches and possibly an even heavier profile barrel.

EVO
f3653d_2492693268094222b83b59e7f01afe0f.jpg

Rempel:
img_5184-0.jpg

Ok yeah I've seen that one, does looks similar in design to the Rempel. How can I get one for $200, I see them for £285 which I think is over $400 USD.

I think my current barrel is 22.5mm diameter out to 24". I'm not sure how much more barrel 2.5 pounds will get me in length and diameter. If I added a Rempel and barrel 2.5 pounds heavier I'd be at the 18 pound limit.

Sorry - I meant £200 - which is about $300. Fox Firearms www.foxfireamsuk.com is selling them for £200.

If you're working out barrel-length - an inch weighs about 4oz - of course, this will vary with dia. and calibre but it's a start.

Most competitive FTR rifles will have a 30 inch heavy-profile barrel and a scope in the 25 ounce range. Bi-pod weight becomes critical and most are looking for one around a pound in weight - like the SEB Joypod or Mystic Precision.

If you get serious about F Class - your Remple will be the first thing to go. Also, with bi-pods like the Remple - the higher you lift the rifle, the closer the feet get - so stability suffers. The SEB stays the same width - the Mystic gets wider.

Vince (UK)

zanemoseley,
If you are seriously considering a Joypod, I would recommend you to try it first before you buy it.
Find or loan from someone in your area that has one, assuming your stock has an integral picatinny or anschutz or freeland rail, you can swap the bipod in seconds. (Joypod has a quick detach attachment). It weighs 18 oz complete with the joystick and the picatinny adapter.
If then you decided to have one, you can order it from Ernie Bishop (seb-usa dealer).... email: ernieemily@yahoo.com
Cheers,
seb.

Zane - I've tried most of the bi-pods - but I now shoot a SEB Joypod.

Why? It's very light, very strong, maintains a constant span, very positive adjustment and tracks very well under recoil.

Vince (UK)

Remple & Star shooter

P1080480.JPG

If you have room for weight, hands down the best front bi-pod is the Remple of any out there.
the second to me is the Star Shooter, with Us dollar so strong against the Canadian both are great deals.

View attachment 17658

If you have room for weight, hands down the best front bi-pod is the Remple of any out there.
the second to me is the Star Shooter, with Us dollar so strong against the Canadian both are great deals.

I have used the Rempel , Seb JoyPod , Sinclair, and Star Shooter. I list them here in order of preference. The Rempel first if the weight can be accommodated and it is very solid and tracks well. Easy to adjust and it holds its adjustment. The Seb is only in 2nd because it is lighter, but the light weight is certainly not in its rigidity or its overall performance. The constant width footprint regardless of height adjustment is a big plus. The Sinclair I have has some play in the cant adjustment, not a lot but is a little disconcerting. That may be not characteristic of the model but a symptom of my unit. The Star Shooter in spite of its light weight and rigidity when adjusted was annoying with the feet constantly loosening and foot profile which dragged on various surfaces. For the price it's a characteristic that should be sorted out. Fit and finish was also not in keeping with the price point.
I'm sure others may have different impressions but these are observations over about two years of use.

Last edited:
I think you're right about the Remple - but no competitive FTR rifle can take that weight penalty. The only downside of that style of bi-pod - if shooting uphill, the feet get close together - with loss of stability. The SEB joypod has it all - fixed span, very light and easy to set up.

Vince(UK)

Contact info for Rempel

Well I just got an email from Henry Rempel and I think his bipod is pretty hard to beat. He sent me some additional pictures and it looks pretty darn sweet and I actually like the added weight since my rifle is only 12 pounds. As an added bonus with the US/CAD exchange rate in my favor its only about another hundred dollars more than the basic Sinclair model and it think its a lot more bipod.

Zane, do you have contact info for Henry Rempel? My mother-in-law is trying to get in touch with him to order a bipod for her husband as a surprise. We have a hotmail address for him but the old phone number we have is no longer in service.

Back