Heads up!

I still haven't gotten over not having an internal gun in my F4J. What were we thinking? A gun pod just didn't hack it.

Centerfire group benchrest has had a few one-eyed shooters, most notable, Jef Fowler, Dennis Tinkam, less notable, me.

Now, if this device's receptor would get the image from the scope back lens and display it on a monitor that would allow a CRT/LCD/whatever, sitting just below the heads up view of the flag field. This would allow the shooter to shoot truly heads up.

The attached part should be less than 5 oz, we can spare that much weight off a LV (10.5#) rifle.

When this is available to the above specs I'll take 5.

Centerfire group benchrest has had a few one-eyed shooters, most notable, Jef Fowler, Dennis Tinkam, less notable, me.

Now, if this device's receptor would get the image from the scope back lens and display it on a monitor that would allow a CRT/LCD/whatever, sitting just below the heads up view of the flag field. This would allow the shooter to shoot truly heads up.

The attached part should be less than 5 oz, we can spare that much weight off a LV (10.5#) rifle.

The image is taken from the ocular lens of the scope

It works fine for anything under 100 yards but actually the M-68 Aimpoint is more accurate. In fact I can shoot better with the M-68 at any distance than I can the iron sites. The M-68 is my site of choice but the EOTECH might be just a little bit faster .... possibly.

Ted,
That's pretty much the same observation I've had using mine. I actually have a Sightron electronic sight on an AR that is only good to 100 yds. but that's all I need for those rifles.

The video of photographs is up on my sight if you want to check it out. There is also a video directly below the opening video of a shooting session a couple weeks ago. Check it out and let me known what you think!! www.boettchertechnologies.com

Thanks!

As I said in an earlier post on this thread..........INTERESTING...!

"Smart Phone" as an interface (monitor) USB2 connection...?... Just a thought.

cale

Interesting concept. In benchrest, particularly long range shooting, I'd see more of a need for a HUD of sorts, inside the scope - displaying computer outputs (wind deflection calculations, mirage corrections, etc) in the scopes field of view.

Back