Heads up!

T

Tim Boettcher

Hey guys!

Just a quick thought for you guys...

What if you could have a heads up display image from your scope......

I'm very curious to hear your thoughts on this!

Tim Boettcher

Last edited by a moderator:
640x980, but other options as well.....

I mean, think about it.......... totally taking the eye to ocular lens alignment out of the equation.....

640x980, but other options as well.....

I mean, think about it.......... totally taking the eye to ocular lens alignment out of the equation.....

VERY interesting...! This is one of my big failings............ Head outta butt condition reading too..............................:rolleyes::eek:

WARNING SA comment .Does it come with HD/3D, Blue Ray, Dolby 7.0 or better ? a 64" flat panel would be great also. SERIOUSLY tho how much technology SHOULD we use to remove the human in these (shooting) sports. Now don't get me wrong I wear glasses and I'm going in for a scrip change in 2 weeks , I just think it's TOO much Tech.

Do you compete? The reason that I ask is that see no real problem with using the scope to aim as we do now. Also, shooting "heads up" is an established variant of free recoil, that is easily accomplished with currently available equipment. I guess what I am asking is have you used such a system and demonstrated a competitive advantage?

WARNING SA comment - Thats what they said about the first scope too! ;-)

What I have come up with just integrates current technology with our sport, not really changing, but making things much easier (with benefits too). Check out my website for a little teaser and be sure to sign the guestbook! www.boettchertechnologies.com

Tim

Do you compete? The reason that I ask is that see no real problem with using the scope to aim as we do now. Also, shooting "heads up" is an established variant of free recoil, that is easily accomplished with currently available equipment. I guess what I am asking is have you used such a system and demonstrated a competitive advantage?

Hello Boyd!

I am in the final testing phase now with the 3rd prototype. I have never shot it in competition, but looking forward to. The testing so far has been very surprising as far as multiple target acquisition with fixed magnification and near dark conditions. Very fast acquisition's with constant clarity :)

Tim

How much weight does it add to the gun?
Kenny

The devices are from 3.5 ounces to 4.7 ounces.... The mounting mechanism has not been weighed yet, but is made of Aluminum. I have been trying to reduce weight and still keep the rigidity and stabilization properties, somewhat difficult to do, but think I have come up with the answer. The System will incorporate the rings and mounting capabilities all in one, whereas the Mount is only a mount.

I will try to weigh the parts this evening.

Thanks!

Tim

Wouldn't it be simpler just to attach a cam to each wind flag, and wire the info back to your Blackberry or Ipod at the bench. Now
you would still have to determine which flag is fibbing, but that should be a snap. Better still, just change the rules so we can all
shoot lasers. Remember that we must use at least a 23 cal laser in sporter class. Further refinements might be that we could stay home
and do this in our living room, just phone in your group size before 5 pm. This would make a great Super Shoot.

Wouldn't it be simpler just to attach a cam to each wind flag, and wire the info back to your Blackberry or Ipod at the bench. Now
you would still have to determine which flag is fibbing, but that should be a snap. Better still, just change the rules so we can all
shoot lasers. Remember that we must use at least a 23 cal laser in sporter class. Further refinements might be that we could stay home
and do this in our living room, just phone in your group size before 5 pm. This would make a great Super Shoot.

So could we email "I had a small zero till that last shot"?

'Heads Up' gyro stabilized reticle worked great on the F4D Phantom for the 20mm Gatling. System was a bit heavy though. lol

The devices are from 3.5 ounces to 4.7 ounces.... The mounting mechanism has not been weighed yet, but is made of Aluminum. I have been trying to reduce weight and still keep the rigidity and stabilization properties, somewhat difficult to do, but think I have come up with the answer. The System will incorporate the rings and mounting capabilities all in one, whereas the Mount is only a mount.

I will try to weigh the parts this evening.

Thanks!

Tim

The mount weighs 10 ounces as of now, and like I said, the devices weigh from 3.5 to 4.7 ounces....

Back