Hart barrel codes

Greyfox

I have an old Hart blank I picked up some time ago and have no idea what kind of code they use for marking barrels at the time. The # stamped on the end is "X2312" and under it "6". I know that it is a .243 bore, but am wondering if this mark indicates a 12 twist? I am not very good in using a patch and cleaning rod for determining, but that may be my only option. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks for any help available,
Rick

Attachments

• Hart Barrel.jpg
    Hart Barrel.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Rick,

The X2312 is the barrel serial number. The 6 is the bore diameter of 6mm and the twist should be written on side of barrel in permanent marker. Thats how Hart has done it for many years.

Jim

Rick,

The X2312 is the barrel serial number. The 6 is the bore diameter of 6mm and the twist should be written on side of barrel in permanent marker. Thats how Hart has done it for many years.

Jim

Thanks Jim
I called Hart this morning and they were able to give me the information I needed. Turns out this blank was made in 1997.

Rick

I had a barrel come into the shop that was a Hart barrel that the customer who sent it thought was a 1.350 diameter 6mm barrel. When I pin gaged it, it was a .22 barrel. The barrel had a A prefix on the serial number. This was back before Michelle passed away and when I asked her when the barrel was made, she told me that their records didn't go back that far. Makes you wonder just how old a barrel it actually was.

Back