Happy Veterans Day

Happy Veterans Day

From the Rongero Veterans

Dad, US Army retired 21 years, 26th Cavalry Philippines WWII, Bataan Death March, Korea 50-51

Oldest brother, US Army retired 22 years, RVN 66-67, 69-70

2nd oldest brother, USAF retired 20 years, multiple tours SEA

3rd oldest brother, US Army retired 30 years, RVN, 67-69

Youngest sister, USAF retired, 21 years

Yours truly, USAF 6 years

Yes, we put in our more than fair share serving this greatest country.

Almost forgot, Mom served the longest, praying every day for everyone's safety

Hey Nez, You have a lot for us and you to be proud of! For the guys that don't know the 26th Cavalry was the last mounted cavalry. Nez's Father went through tremendous hardships during the Philippine part of WW11.
My Father was USAF for 26yrs. My Grandfather was in the Navy during WW1, My Uncle was in WW11 in the Navy, his brother was in the Normandy evasion with Patton and rejoined the Army for the Korean "conflict" war. My Brother was US Army during the Vietnam war, My Cousin was USAF weather for 20yrs. My Bro in Law was 22 yrs in the USAF and my youngest Son served 22yrs in the USAF, all but 2 years as a U2 crewchief.
I'm very proud of them and all the others that have been in and sacrificed for us.

battan death march

had not heard about the Death March till this am at church first part of church service this am was remembrance to soldiers and his son read a brief synopsis of Chaplain Robert P. Taylor and his part in the death march you are truly blessed to have your dad make it through that...

If you live in this Free Country

P3ImcUw.jpg

Glenn

I would like to give a special shout out this Veterans Day to all of my fellow Draftees.

If you are like me, that “US” at the beginning of your Service Number was special.

And always will be.

Back