Hand Priming Tools - 2017

Tom,

Hovis,
I use a motor driven case holder that I use to turn necks, I have a Hornady lock-n-load case prep trio to chamfer the inside/outside of the necks or you can use a Wilson deburing tool while the case is in the power holder. I went to Lowes and picked up every small drill motor they had until I found one the was fairly light and well balanced (DeWalt 12v Lithium-ion DCF610S2) I got a K&M primer to put in the drill motor to clean the primer pockets. I could use the drill motor to chuck up a receiver for a case to help clean the outside of the necks after they were shot. Have the chuck but have not used it yet. After the cactus I may have to do that as my thumbs were killing me after the first day so I did not clean them the rest of the match.

Tom

get to a rheumatologist. I have been battling sudden onset arthritis for a year +. finally got on proper meds and I now have 95% use of my hands. Methotrexate makes a HUGE difference.
David

Try This

For the arthritic guys......Don't remember the name of the primer pocket cleaning tool. Whitetail??After a couple of firings the pockets expand out more if you notice. They clean out more after time as this takes place.

The holder for the chamfer tool is a 20 gauge shotshell with a hole drilled and a stove bolt inserted. Chamfer the outside of the case first and the inside last. Finish with a soft brush inside.

Works for me. Send donations to: Smallwood to North Korea Fund 2017

Later
Dave

Attachments

• Power Tool.jpg
    Power Tool.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 298
Dave? Dave?

Where'd you go? Are you playing with your primer tool again?

Attachments

• sheepGroup.JPG
    sheepGroup.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 187
Clarification

Not my family. That was a frame capture that came from the real-time video feed off a drone I sent over your house. I'm happy to see that your BR rifle skills are much better than your shotgun skills!

By the way, that 10x20 shed you have 30' to the NW of your house needs a new roof!

Not my family. That was a frame capture that came from the real-time video feed off a drone I sent over your house. I'm happy to see that your BR rifle skills are much better than your shotgun skills!

By the way, that 10x20 shed you have 30' to the NW of your house needs a new roof!

Wrong house...My shed is 25X50 and any drone that has visited never left the property...
Later
Dave

Priming Tools

I was searching for this topic on net and on road too. Later I found some good options which I am sharing with you. It can help us.
1) LEE PRECISION New Auto Prime
2) RCBS Universal 90201 Hand Priming Tool
3) Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Hand Deprimer Tool
4) LEE PRECISION Auto Bench Prime
5) RCBS 9460 Auto Priming Tool
6) Lyman E-ZEE Universal Priming Tool
This options will help you search Best Hand Priming Tool

Ive been through a bunch

But settled on two RCBS Square topped hand ones, one for small and one for large primers. I blew up a Lee years ago and had third degree burns on my left thumb, like to blew it off!. Now, It was my fault BUT, I find the RCBS to be a more robust unit and it has a flash gate in it. I've used the ones I have for years and wouldn't be with anything else.

Pete

But settled on two RCBS Square topped hand ones, one for small and one for large primers. I blew up a Lee years ago and had third degree burns on my left thumb, like to blew it off!. Now, It was my fault BUT, I find the RCBS to be a more robust unit and it has a flash gate in it. I've used the ones I have for years and wouldn't be with anything else.

Pete

I blew up a Hornady one a few years ago made a hang of a mess of my LH thumb & right hand.

It put spent primers all around the workshop.

At a guess 50 or so Fed 215s, priming tight pocket BB Cheytac brass when one went sideways, too much force & BOOM.

Was a really scary experience, I use RCBS now with the flash over protection.

Frankford arsenal priming tool is very good

I just bought one of these about a month ago.

https://www.btibrands.com/product/perfect-seat-hand-primer/

It's the first time in a long time that the quality of a product impressed me and I felt that I got more than my money's worth.

It is heavy, weighs about 1.5 lbs. Has an adjustment wheel for seating depth, and comes with a full set of shell holders. Best of all no one has ruined the design with "safety" features or cheap plastic parts. I paid less than $60 at Cabelas for it.

It certainly puts my broken Lee's and RCBS priming tool to shame.

Last edited:
I'm probably all wet but I have to ask this question. Why do they make them adjustable in terms of how far they seat primers....as opposed to all the way to the bottom?

This looks like an improvement

I just bought one of these about a month ago.

https://www.btibrands.com/product/perfect-seat-hand-primer/

It's the first time in a long time that the quality of a product impressed me and I felt that I got more than my money's worth.

It is heavy, weighs about 1.5 lbs. Has an adjustment wheel for seating depth, and comes with a full set of shell holders. Best of all no one has ruined the design with "safety" features or cheap plastic parts. I paid less than $60 at Cabelas for it.

It certainly puts my broken Lee's and RCBS priming tool to shame.

On the seaters I have, I must say.

Pete

Back