Gulf Coast Regionals Unlimited 6-16-2012 at Camp Sumter!!!

P

Phil Deese

We will be having the Gulf Coast Regionals at Camp Sumter in Andersonville Georgia on June 16th. The match will be a one day event with yard shot in the morning and meters after lunch. We have plenty of beautiful property on the range, so if you would like to camp or bring your motor home come on down!! We don't have any electricity on the property, but we do have Port-A-Potties available. All of the area around the range has historical significants from various civil war battles, and if you would like to tour Andersonville Memorial Park it is only 4 miles away and well worth the time if your a civil war buff. We are working on discounts on Americus motels and I'll keep you posted on our results. Here are a few bullet points for the match.
  • We will have practice starting at 10:00 AM Friday
  • We will draw for benches at 4:00 PM Friday
  • The gate will open at 7:00 AM Saturday and the match will start at 9:00 AM
  • Lunch will be provided with the entrance fee { $65.00 }
  • Plaques will be given for three places on each target, yards agg,meters agg, and 1 plaque for the 6 target champion
  • Drinks will be provided for everyone
  • We will rotate benches between yards and meters and also rotate relays
  • We will have prizes and some Camp Sumter "T" shirts for sale
    If you have any questions please feel free to contact me 229-591-4139

Gulf Coast Regional

We have moved the Gulf Coast Unlimited to Camp Sumter and I hope you will try to attend because we need to support our closer in ranges so that we don’t have to drive as far too big matches. It’s good to see the big hole in our schedule being finally plugged since the fall of Crisp Area Gun Club.
The Camp Sumter range should be about 30 minutes shorter to get to for shooters coming from middle and northern Alabama; it’s about have way in-between Ellaville and Oglethorpe off Hwy 26.

We will have a drawing after the match to win one of 2 bricks of ammo dominated by RWS on Saturday and then 2 bricks on Sunday at the GA State 3 Gun Meters and Unlimited. Lapua gave away 4 bricks for the 3 Gun portion of this match at Palmetto and I hope to keep these two companies supporting us.
Bob Collins

The Quality Inn in Americus has given us a special rate of $64.99 their regular price is $79.99. They have just remodeled the facility, so you can count it being clean. Their number is 229-924-4431. There are other motels in the area, but I didn't get a discount from them.

The Days Inn in Montezuma has offered us a group rate of $49.00 the number is 478-472-4565

Looks like the weather is going to be great this weekend with a high of about 88 degrees....sure hope we can get our 1st 250 at Camp Sumter!!

Phil, I'd love to make it because it's a new club and you've a great help to me. I'm having lest shoulder surgery the day before the match and hope to be able to shoot in 4-6 weeks. I wish you luck in your endeavor and the uninitiated shooter to the range should experience a pleasant shoot. It's really a nice range with a lot of potential. If there are any benches still for sale, let me know- my only criteria are don't put me next to Bob as his 20 flags confuse and put my place near you- the honey-hole.

Bob, We'll sure miss you!! I'll give you a call next week to check on you and let you know what 3 benches are available. I do know bench 3 is still open and that seems to be where most of honey is!!:p

Bob, We'll sure miss you!! I'll give you a call next week to check on you and let you know what 3 benches are available. I do know bench 3 is still open and that seems to be where most of honey is!!:p

Phill
Its been a long time since ive seen you guys,Maybe when doc gets better I can sneak up with him for a visit,I still got a 52 to shoot,Doubt ill hit anything but it would be good to see you guys,Bob if ya need anything let your old turbo buddy know ok?

Phill
Its been a long time since ive seen you guys,Maybe when doc gets better I can sneak up with him for a visit,I still got a 52 to shoot,Doubt ill hit anything but it would be good to see you guys,Bob if ya need anything let your old turbo buddy know ok?
Anytime you want; I'll drop my big guns and shoot my 52 C with a B barrel. I think it will shoot although I only put 10 rounds through it- Mac Millan Stock, 36X Leupold and Chuck's trigger job.

Jeff,
Sure would enjoy shooting with you again!! Bob, We sure missed you today at the Regionals, but knowing you you would probably show-up on crutches and beat us all!! We'll be praying for your surgery....call me if you need anything.
Phil

Back