Got 6PPC USA Brass????

Dan Hall

I am about to take delivery of a Sako Vixen single shot 6PPC USA and was wondering if anyone has any ammo or brass they would be interested in selling? I will eventually form brass from .220 Russian but I was hoping to pick some up that I could load right away and see if this thing will shoot.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Sako Brass

I am about to take delivery of a Sako Vixen single shot 6PPC USA and was wondering if anyone has any ammo or brass they would be interested in selling? I will eventually form brass from .220 Russian but I was hoping to pick some up that I could load right away and see if this thing will shoot.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

www.accuflite.com

You might try James Bartol at www.accuflite.com. He's one of the largest Sako distributors in the country and still might have some in stock or know someone else who has'em......

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Looks like I might be able to get a few rounds. If anyone else has ammo or brass send me a PM if you would.

Thanks

Dan

I have scads of 6ppc brass that I no longer use for comptition matches, all Lapua. But it is very chamber specific. Do you happen to have a chamber drawing of your chamber. What neck diameter are you using? What length? Lots of little things to know about shooting a 6ppc. A lot of people shoot the .262 diameteer neck but the trend seems to be towards a thicker neck, like a . 268, .269 or so. We typically run from .002 to .004 neck clearance. Some even run less like .0005 to .001 but that is too much trouble for me. I have reamers for both .268 and .269 but they have different freebores. One has .060" freebore and the other has 0.0" freebore. But all my barrels now have been recut to the .269 neck, with 0.0 freebore. It would be my guess that with the Sako you probably have at least a .270 neck. First thing I would do is make a chamber cast and be sure just what I had.

Donald

333smitty, thanks for the suggestion. James Bartol at accuflite has lots of the brass, although this stuff isn't cheep.

Last edited:
Forming 6ppc USA from 220 Russian

Is this an accuracy route ?
Or grab whatever left over are around

Sako vs Lapua 6ppc brass

333smitty, thanks for the suggestion. James Bartol at accuflite has lots of the brass, although this stuff isn't cheep.

Dan,

Back in the day (7yrs ago) when I had a Sako A-1 6ppc I bought Sako brass from James at $1.00 a piece witch was and still is very expensive. I then wised up and started to use Lapua brass witch is of better quality and cheaper ($.65 a piece). Also the Lapua brass when loaded with standard factory loads will last a lot longer than the factory brass. More bang for your buck. =)

333smitty,,, I will probably be going that route in the future, using Lapua brass that is, but I wanted to try some Sako brass to get the full length stuff they offer. The Sako factory brass should be just a little longer than the Lapua stuff. This will allow me to get closer to the rifling with the bullets in what will likely be a rather long throated chamber. I will pick up the gun first of next week and I will find out then how the chamber is cut. I would imagine that it's probably cut a little long. What do you think??

Dan

Dan
I have a few hundred pieces of once or twice fired 6ppc usa brass in mtm boxes you can have for the shipping cost of about $16.
Send me your correct mailing address and it will be on its way as I no longer own my Sako.
Lynn

Back