GoFundMe page for Faye Boyer

Chris Harris

As some of you may be aware Faye, Tony Boyer's wife, suffered a critical medical setback while they were in Calgary at the WBC. She is in intensive care and needs to be sent home by medivac service. You can imagine that the costs are spiralling out of control. Make matters worse, their medical insurance does not cover expenses incurred out of country!

If you can support the cause please visit: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-the-boyer-family-with-medical-expenses

Thank you in anticipation for your support.

Chris

Chris....is there another way to donate? Gofundme wants 15%....

I just checked again. It is free of charge except for the 2.9% and $0.30 per transaction so that they can cover the credit card fees.

Let me know where you read about the 15% please

Chris

Error on my part as usual...I had to make a few clicks to get around that 15% but finally did it. Sorry for the comment as it was just my ignorance.

Error on my part as usual...I had to make a few clicks to get around that 15% but finally did it. Sorry for the comment as it was just my ignorance.

That's okay.

It is a pretty good setup actually. They do all the collection, appropriation, list all the donors, take the risk of scammers, etc for the credit card fee. One would like to think that the credit card companies could pitch in a not charge but NO, that would be too much for them.

GoFundMe survives on the tips they get from donors bit I have no idea what their income statement looks like.

I have suspended the GoFundMe campaign. Sadly, Faye is not going to require medivac transport home (the purpose of this campaign) due to her deteriorating condition which has become terminal.

All donations will be refunded. Thank you so much for your amazing support to this cause. It is most heart warming.

Let’s remember Faye at her best and how she touched our lives.

Chris

This is awful news. I’ve never had the pleasure of meeting Tony or Faye but please give him my condolences.

Brian

Sadly, Faye passed away this evening. All our wishes and thoughts are with the family.

Thanks you again for the amazing call to support the cause. It demonstrates the strength of the fellowship amongst friends in our sport. Faye loved the sport and the people she met. It was a huge part of her life.

Another icon rests.

This is definitely some sad news, and is clearly a significant loss to the Benchrest game.

I met Faye at the first group shoot I attended, at the '97 Hog Roast at Fairchance PA. She shot on the bench to my left. She was very pleasant and easy to shoot beside. Conditions were pretty difficult, but she didn't seem to notice....she'd fire a few sighters, shoot her target, then sit there cleaning case necks until the match ended. She won that 100 yard agg. handily, and did very well the rest of the weekend. I remember thinking to my self that she was about the same age as my Mom, and didn't appear to be someone who would spank you and run off with your lunch, lol.

My condolences to Tony and their crowd.

-Dave

This is terrible news. Faye was a wonderful lady, and one of the nicest persons you would ever meet. So sorry for Tony and his family.

Jeff Stover

This is truly sad news. My memories of Faye go back 17 years and they are all great. Such a sweet lady.
My condolences to Tony and I can’t even imagine the loss he is feeling. They were truly a tight couple that went through many many personal family disasters. Our prayers go to you.
Larry Costa

I have contacted GoFundMe and every donation has been refunded.There should have not been any charges against anyone's account. I saw that there were some comments to this effect.

I am posting an extract from the email GFM sent me a short while back:-

Thanks for confirming the refund for us. I’ve issued refunds for your campaign, so your donors will receive an email confirmation to let them know that they will get 100% of their money back in 3-7 business days.

Most important, thank you for the overwhelming support from so many. It is a testament to Faye as a person and our benchrest community.

regards

Chris

Back