Give the NBRSA Direstors and ranges some feedback on your favorite Nationals format!

More people would attend if there was a bench rotation of one bench per yardage

I don't see that happening.

Granted, moving a Rail Gun each group can get tedious. But I guarantee if they changed to the Format of rotating after yardages, there would be a cry of foul from some members because someone got to sit in the "honey hole" for 8 groups.

How about we work toward some relief on the ten shot and start with a change to a warm up and five 10 shot matches.

Tom Libby
SW Director

That is great idea in my opinion! 160 record rds for a grand agg, vs. 50 for the other classes always seemed like overkill to me. :cool: Dave

Hell, let's just shoot one 10 shot group

Why don't we just shoot one 10 shot group for the unlimited national championship? Why bother with reducing it just to 5 groups? With this format, we would only have to move the rails one time. Another step down the path of making everything easier. Come on, the Nationals should be hard, it's not a weekend club match! We complain about there not being enough UL matches to shoot, and now it sounds like there's a cry for less shooting at one of the few matches that we do have a chance to shoot the big guns. If you can't handle it, you don't have to shoot it.

Jim

Why don't we just shoot one 10 shot group for the unlimited national championship? Why bother with reducing it just to 5 groups? With this format, we would only have to move the rails one time. Another step down the path of making everything easier. Come on, the Nationals should be hard, it's not a weekend club match! We complain about there not being enough UL matches to shoot, and now it sounds like there's a cry for less shooting at one of the few matches that we do have a chance to shoot the big guns. If you can't handle it, you don't have to shoot it.

Jim

Well said Jim! I totally agree.

Dale

The younger competitors, the ones with rail guns, can't see shooting less than 8 targets.

The older competitors, the ones with rail guns, become less inclined to carry the rail from bench to bench for 8 targets.

The rest of the competitors, the ones that don't have rail guns, would prefer that the unlimited class became 5 shot targets.

Be careful here! Think about what you're asking for and make sure it's not personal preference but for the better of Benchrest.

Back