George Raymond

Engrbill

George passed away yesterday after a lingering illness. Sad to report we have lost another benchrest shooter. He was a frequent competitor and will be missed. Sorry I have no other details. -----Bill

I've enjoyed shooting with George over the past three years at Visalia and Ben Avery. George kicked my butt many times - he really loved 100 yards. I'll definately miss his ready smile.

GeorgeRaymond.jpg

Condolences to his family; he will be missed.

Last edited by a moderator:
George Raymond epitomized the true gentlmenship of the sport of Benchrest as we know it, he always had a positive attitude and a kind word. If you listened closely when he spoke, there was always something to learn from him. He was a teacher in his own quiet way, I listened and learned. He will be missed. He loved to shoot. RIP George.

Marty

Sharing a great experience with George

A few years ago I went to the 3 day State Shoot at Visalia.

Monday morning was the 100 yard HV shoot. I was on the first relay, George was on the third relay.

During the first match, I shot a .093" group.

4164c.JPG
(can you tell I am proud of this group?)

My first screamer in compitition and I believe the only zero shot so far for the weekend. :D Needless to say, I was a happy camper and figured the small group trophy was mine!

During the second relay the wind came up as it usually does there. My confidence in having small group took giant leap up the ladder.

During the third relay, George shot another really small group, turned out to be an .087" group :eek:

After going to the wailing wall to see what his group measured, he slowly walked back to his loading table. As he passed me, he patted me on the back and simply said "Sorry 'bout that Sonny Boy" and just kept on walking. And of couse everyone got a big laugh out of it. As he walked away, I could not see his face, but I am sure he was grinning ear to ear!

I was both disappointed and thrilled that George was able to take it from.

George will be missed, he was one of my favorite people to shoot with at San Gabrial!

As my friend Rod Graham said "We are deminished with this lose!"

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his familly.

Randy

Last edited:
This is George, how I like to remember him.....

GeoRaymond.jpg

A true gentleman & an awesome shooter.....
George could have built a house with all the wood he won.....

GeoRaymond2.jpg

George, Gary Sinclair, Pumpkin (Don Neilson), Richard Mooers, Lawrence Weisdorn, & Bob Sutton..... Some damn fine shooters in this group.....

GeoRaymond3.jpg

Don Jackson, George, & Gene Deloney.....

GeoRaymond5.jpg

George & friends @ San Gabriel Valley Gun Club.....

GeoRaymond4.jpg

George watching conditions, preparing to compete.....

He will be missed, a damn fine man, with a huge heart.....

Rod Graham, ppc6mm on BR Central.....

Back