Forming 22 PPC from Lapua .220 Russian... some questions??

PS. My .220 brass was not Blue box. But, I think just before.

I read on one of the threads that the change to the blue box, and the change to the 0.015 neck did not happen exactly at the same time, so it is possible to have thick necks in a cardboard box, and thin necks in a blue box... or so I understand it.
But that is second hand info, so consider it for what it is.

I just checked some brass that varies from 2 to 4 yrs old. They are all .0150 except for about 10 in a box that are closer to .0143 None are blue box of course.

Hovis

XBR okay.
Wish I could check. All my brass is turned.
It turned out a "POS Bridgeport" mill was pretty accurate. Then they moved it....

I measured several pieces from the gold cardboard boxes. They varied from .0145-.0151. They were up to .0003 off per piece of brass or .0151 to .0148 on some of them. I think I would have to turn them to clean up anyway. JMHO!
Butch

I measured several pieces from the gold cardboard boxes. They varied from .0145-.0151. They were up to .0003 off per piece of brass or .0151 to .0148 on some of them. I think I would have to turn them to clean up anyway. JMHO!
Butch

Thank you... it seems that even the old ones were close enough to require turning - I'm set up for that (I shoot a 0.262 6mmBR)

Back