Falcon actions!

I recall

Did Baity ever experiment with any aluminum actions?

hearing of Aluminium Turbos but then again, I'm not sure about that. I don't see any reason an aluminum action wouldn't work for a >22 RF. The Aluminum CF actions seem to have done OK. I think the issue is why. If one doesn't need to save the weight, Why use a soft metal?

Pete

Flash made a few aluminum actions with a hard anodization......didn't work.

I got hoodwinked into buying one of these for my first rimfire actions. I guess buyer beware but I trusted an experienced shooter to do right by me.

It had real problems.

I got hoodwinked into buying one of these for my first rimfire actions. I guess buyer beware but I trusted an experienced shooter to do right by me.

It had real problems.

Yep, I had one belonged to Pippin at one point. no matter how much you lubed it, once you broke through the anodization things changed pretty damned quick.

Yep, I had one belonged to Pippin at one point. no matter how much you lubed it, once you broke through the anodization things changed pretty damned quick.

Yes, it was like shooting two rifles on the same card.

Seems like people around me knew what that action was all about and the problems inherent in using that aluminum.

Thanks Tim & Bruce. I remember having seen one of Flash's aluminum actions somewhere.
I saw a slab sided Falcon that I was unfamiliar with & was just curious.
Bruce, do you still have the aluminum action?

Keith

Thanks Tim & Bruce. I remember having seen one of Flash's aluminum actions somewhere.
I saw a slab sided Falcon that I was unfamiliar with & was just curious.
Bruce, do you still have the aluminum action?

Keith

I replaced that Turbo with a Sako Quad. That was an amazingly accurate $1000 rifle.

I once sold ,for a friend

a titanium c/f action rifle with a titanium bolt. It was made in Canada. Looked good but was it ever sticky! It was built like a Hall as I recall.

Pete

Back