Fairfax match 6-21-09

steve stanley

A 100 yd score match will be held Sunday at Fairfax, Va. Weather is suppose to be good so come on out and play. Match starts at 10. See ya there, Steve

cool ....

but for some reason I had thought it was a 200 yard event..... guess my memory is going away big time .....

but for some reason I had thought it was a 200 yard event..... guess my memory is going away big time .....

Not necessarily your memory Mike. I believe Fairfax does 200 for all of their winter series matches but during the rest of the year they mix it up a bit. Anyway it is 100yd this Sunday on the IBS schedule on the webpage.

Dick

Fairfax

"Steve,

Good luck "Big 'Un" from the "Big Snake".

Wish I could be there."

YES! More good luck Big'un from the "Little Snake"

If you need that snakebite kit, just let me know. :)

We had a good day for a match, weather was nice but the winds were switchy and tricky, Half the field dropped a point at 100 yds, so I think you could call it at least sporting! We had a great turnout with 42 shooters, A whole lot of dads and a mom or 2 got fathers day off to shoot, 36 VFS, 5 fac. and 1 hunter class. Mike Ryan took us to school with a 250-23x score, Clay Spencer was 2nd w 250-22x and Hal Drake was 3rd w 250-21x, Freddy Ridgeway was 4th w 250-21 and Wayne France was 5th w 250-20x. Dave Apple shot a 250-15x on his maiden voyage with his new 6 power gun. Wayne Spellman won factory class with a 243-4x score, thanks to Kevin Tolley loading his ammo for him, Wayne said that as long as Kevin would load him good ammo he would keep shooting it. You can't ask more than that of a man. Nick Gardner won the jr. shooter award w 250- 14x and Kevin Tolley was 2nd w 249-13x. I told Nick before the match he was going to have to man up because Kevin was going to be tough and he pulled it off. Thanks to all the help for the match, it ran smooth with a big turnout and Ray kept the score house running with scoring and entering the stats. Great job on all fronts. Good shooting guys and see ya at Blackcreek on the 4th. Thanks to Jim( big Snake) and Wayne ( little snake) for the well wishes but you better send the snake bite kit them boys bout chewed my leg off! Steve

way to go apple! get the 6x class up & running stronger than ever

Back