F Class for .22 rimfire

JimReed1948

I read on Rimfire Central that there is F Class for .22 rimfire. Does anyone know if this is being held anywhere in the Houston Texas area?

I have been tossing the idea around in my mind and thinking I might hold a 100 or even 200 yard 22RF f-class match here at my place in central Illinois. I hate to go to a bunch of trouble if the turn out wasn't decent. I have no idea if there would be any interest in something like this in my area or not? I think it would be lots of fun. Lee

Lee youll never know til you have a few matches. Once people hear about it theyll get a gun together, tell some friends, itll take a while but if you hold it- they will come

I remember shooting a 22LR match at my High Power club back in Ohio. We had a 200 yard range and once a year we would hold the
22 LR match and everyone enjoyed it. I had a pristine Springfield M1922 rifle with an 8X Unertl scope and it shot very well at 200. In
the morning with the sun at your back you could watch the bullets drop into the target I don't remember the height over the target
hold but it was a bunch. Fond memories of a great gun I wish I still had!!!
Regards and Happy Holidays,

Joe McNeill
SW Arkansas

Groups to be competitive?

I am trying to practice for my to-be rookie year in F/TR by shooting 100 yards with my rimfire. I am shooting my bone stock Sako FinnFire Varmit with a bipod using CCI standard velocity ammo. This rifle has a history of throwing the first shot after setting for a few minutes. I think it is bad need of a bedding job which I will do soon. When I tried to watch my tape windflag and sense the crosswind I was getting 4 of 5 in a 0.5-0.75" at 100 yards. I was please with my first attempt to shoot 22LR groups at 100 yards.

What are you expectations when you shot 100 yards for F/class practice? Do you even shot groups or just a score type target? Thanks for any tips. I will have to try and make that Pine Bluff drive once this year.

Tim

The 100 yard RF F-Class target currently being used has a 10 ring of 1". There is NO X-ring.

So there is your target maximum groups size. I am finding the 100 yard F-Class target is harder to shoot clean than the 50 yard targets.

I am currently shooting in the 1585-1590 scores out of a possible 1600 using a BR gun with weight sorted Eley Match ammo. Saturday I dropped 2 points in the first 100 shots at 50 yards and 10 points oin the 6 0 shots at 100 yards for a score of 1588.

Last edited:
I'm not an F class 22rf shooter, but I shot a lot of NRA prone at 50 yds., 50 meters. 100 yards. Your 100 yd. target is certainly more difficult than the NRA 100 yd. target; it's 10 ring is 2" with a 1" x-ring. To get a 400-40X you had to have a very good rifle/ammo combination, and very good conditions, plus be a damn good shot. I shot a fair amount of 400's, but never ever got all the X's.

FWIW

Steve Kostanich

The F-CLASS is a bet for the future that was created to promote shot long distance in our country in a way the most didactic, using the most common and economic calibres that exist and can be practiced without problems in many our clubs and shooting ranges throughout our geography. This shooting sport long distance is performed with rimfire rifles compressed air and equipped with telescopic sight and a front support such as a bipod or shooting rest, by category. Prono shooting position from shoulder bag handle or rear support.

The F-CLASS is ideal for beginners in long-distance shooting and learn the basics of this discipline, from a regular viewer to read the wind mode.

Among the types of sports shooting we offer long and very long distance, we can highlight the following:

· F-Class Rimfire: 50m, 100m and 200m

· F-Class Air: 25m, 50m and 100m

Please visit out web site at: www.clubbrcanarias.com/F-CLASS/

You could find our targets in US paper size for training, test and competitions....

Digi2496.

Back