Extended Stay America Corporate Firearms Policy

Jim Borden

Just got a message from Angie at extended Stay America Corporate Office-Guest Services saying that no firearms are allowed at all on any Extended Stay America Hotel property anywhere in the USA.

No exceptions according to her.

Jim Borden

Jim ...

What's does the head of the corporate legal department have to say about their policy ??? I'm sure he or she had to weigh in on policy development. Art

first off , i think hitting them in the wallet, vocally is the best plan.

second if you have no choice and must stay there...its thier RULE, not a LAW.

SO TELL THEM TO PACK SAND

mike in co

first off , i think hitting them in the wallet, vocally is the best plan.

second if you have no choice and must stay there...its thier RULE, not a LAW.

SO TELL THEM TO PACK SAND

mike in co

Mike, not quite true in all states. When I stayed at a hotel in N.C. a sign on the door said no guns even with a carry permit and then listed the century code to back it up. The assistant manager was my son no less and though he would turn a blind eye, he assured me that the corp. offices would file charges in a heart beat

JonE

Mike, not quite true in all states. When I stayed at a hotel in N.C. a sign on the door said no guns even with a carry permit and then listed the century code to back it up. The assistant manager was my son no less and though he would turn a blind eye, he assured me that the corp. offices would file charges in a heart beat

JonE

sorry joe...whats a "century code"

and how does a corp(non-person) file charges in a given city/county/state if they are not present to witness the so called violation ?

thanks
mike

What's does the head of the corporate legal department have to say about their policy ??? I'm sure he or she had to weigh in on policy development. Art

It's probable that the policy change came from either their legal dept. and/or their insurers. -Al

sorry joe...whats a "century code"

and how does a corp(non-person) file charges in a given city/county/state if they are not present to witness the so called violation ?

thanks
mike

Century code = state law
As it was explained to me, in NC it is the state law that if a property owner says no guns, you come on their property with a gun, you have broken a state law, they report you, you are arrested

Much the same as

Century code = state law
As it was explained to me, in NC it is the state law that if a property owner says no guns, you come on their property with a gun, you have broken a state law, they report you, you are arrested

the selective enforcement of the "gangbanger" laws in Denver, CO and many other cities. You can become a felon by just being ignorant of local ordinances. Any of us who travel to shoot BR matches need to be VERY cautious of how we transport and protect or firearms. You CANNOT Ass-U-Me that because you are a law-abiding citizen, not in the act of a crime, you will be able to stand behind your second amendment rights. Open your eyes and be ready to vote w/ your feet.

I guess we can figgure that Extended Stay America are not a match sponser hotel?
Bob

In Texas...

...unless they display the eyesore (huge with red 2" letters) disclaimer on the main entrance, you do not have to obey their request for no firearms (conceal carry). I have only seen one official sign on the entrance at a hospital in Houston. It takes up about as much space as two front doors. It is massive & done on purpose to discourgage biz owners from hamstringing the law.

Now if for some reason they can spot you have a carry gun, they can ask you to leave and you must if confronted.

I don't think I have ever seen an Extended Stay down this way but they will never see any of my $$$$.

pf
<><

extended stay america corporate firearms policy

There is one here in Syracuse.
A simple stay away notice will be posted .
After they loose business they will get the message.
JUST STAY AWAY AND LET THEM KNOW WHY'

Joe E

North Carolina is a "MUST ISSUE" state, meaning if you meet the requirments when appling for a concealed carry permit, they must issue you one. Having said that, the law reads that if you are a private land owner, you have the right to ban firearms on your property.

At one time, one of our local retailers, had a sign on their door, stating no firearms allowed. That sign has been removed for several years because, as I understand it, someone was attacked in their store, and the store was sued and held responsible for the victims well being, since they had ban the person from being able to carry a firearm for protection.

I am no lawyer, but the way I understand it, since the concealed carry law was passed, if a establishment forbids you from carrying, they might be held responsible for your safety.

Jeff

the selective enforcement of the "gangbanger" laws in Denver, CO and many other cities. You can become a felon by just being ignorant of local ordinances. Any of us who travel to shoot BR matches need to be VERY cautious of how we transport and protect or firearms. You CANNOT Ass-U-Me that because you are a law-abiding citizen, not in the act of a crime, you will be able to stand behind your second amendment rights. Open your eyes and be ready to vote w/ your feet.

it is not selective enforcement...denver is a bleeding heart, anti gun , democratic useless hole. the state passed a state wide law for shall issue and a second law saying you cannot do anything to interfer with the shall issue law.
the city of denver /county of denver "chose" to ignore the wishes of the people and drew on "home rule" to legally ignore a law!

most of colorado is pro gun...two exceptions: the people's republic of boulder and the city and county of denver.

mike in co

Last edited by a moderator:
Allow me to add the Best Western in Redwing, Minnesota to the list of establishments with the big sign on the front door. Same sort of property owner laws apply in Minnesota.

Simple enough, I stay elsewhere, and notify them in writing that my dollars will go elsewhere.

Back