Eley and Lapua Lot Numbers

Eley.....1114-02164. The first 2 digits is the product code, in this case Match. Now Match can also have a 10 product code, which is Tenex. There is a bunch of Match with this product code. It simply means the lot started as Tenex and was QC'd down to Match. I am not familiar will all the other product codes. Perhaps someone else will post with more info. The second 2 digits are year of mfg, in this case, 2014. The next 2 digits are machine number, 02, machine 2. The final 3 digits are the lot number for machine 2 produced in 2014. On some boxes there is another 4 digit number under the lot number. That number would be speed in FPS. The newer ammo does not have speed listed anymore.

Lapua is a bit more complicated. 28554/603733. I was explained this from Daniel at the test center in Mesa. Going by my notes. The first 2 digits are the speed....28. You need to add a 3 in front of those, so, 328 meters per second. Handy, huh? The third digit is their code for bullet type, 5. The next 2 digits are year of mfg, 54.....2019. 53 ammo is 2018, 52 ammo is 2017....etc. Also handy, eh? After the slash I was told the next 2 digits were an internal code. The final 4 digits are the lot number.

Best I can do, hope it helps.

Last edited:
Eley.....1114-02164. The first 2 digits is the product code, in this case Match. Now Match can also have a 10 product code, which is Tenex. There is a bunch of Match with this product code. It simply means the lot started as Tenex and was QC'd down to Match. I am not familiar will all the other product codes. Perhaps someone else will post with more info. The second 2 digits are year of mfg, in this case, 2014. The next 2 digits are machine number, 02, machine 2. The final 3 digits are the lot number for machine 2 produced in 2014. On some boxes there is another 4 digit number under the lot number. That number would be speed in FPS. The newer ammo does not have speed listed anymore.

Lapua is a bit more complicated. 28554/603733. I was explained this from Daniel at the test center in Mesa. Going by my notes. The first 2 digits are the speed....28. You need to add a 3 in front of those, so, 328 meters per second. Handy, huh? The third digit is their code for bullet type, 5. The next 2 digits are year of mfg, 54.....2019. 53 ammo is 2018, 52 ammo is 2017....etc. Also handy, eh? After the slash I was told the next 2 digits were an internal code. The final 4 digits are the lot number.

Best I can do, hope it helps.

Super info!! Thank you very much. ;)

Regards, Jim

Can you access the ELY analyzer?

As noted on the link (https://www.myeley.com/lot-analyser),

"We’re making some changes
The service you are looking for is unavailable at the moment.
Thank you for your patience.

Please contact sales@eley.co.uk for more information."

That has been the case since late January. Quite unclear why they did not leave the "old" analyzer up while they developed and tested the "new" analyzer. [Seems a lot of website "developer" just slap up a work in progress or coming soon home page and dump the site rather than building and testing and THEN simply replacing the old site with the new. IMHO, REALLY inconsiderate!!!]

Maybe it's time to forget the analyzer. The only way to analyze your ammo in your rifle is to test it. I, and many others, have been burned by the analyzer. Test your ammo in your rifle. Don't count on your rifle shooting ammo off the analyzer the same as what their test barrels do. If you all want to, then I hope I shoot against you in a match somewhere!!

BTW: this thread was opened about lot numbers.....not the Eley analyzer.

Back