Easiest question of all

edgerat

My edgewood standard bag arrived today, I figured out how to fill the bottom (I think) and how to fill the ears but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to fill the main body portion of the bag?????? Any help would be appreciated. The little "snoot" on the back of the bag is sewn shut. The slot on the back of the bag that the snoot goes into is how I fill the bottom correct??? Help, before I ruin it :(
Isaac

Edgerat

Isaac
Each ear has its own fill tube.The fill tubes get tucked under the ears once you fill them to keep the sand from leaking back out.To fill the ears you need to pry them out with a pencil and fill them using a funnel.The fill tubes are about an inch long.
There is only one more fill tube for the main bag body and it works exactly like the other two.It is located at the bottom rear of the bag.Follow the stitching and you will come to a spot were you can almost put your finger into the bag.That is the fill tube and it is probaly already tucked into the slot it goes into.Pry it out with a pencil and fill the bag then tuck it back into the slot with the pencil.
Lynn

Last edited:
thank you for the reply Lynn. On my bag the fill tube on the base of the bag is sewn shut. Being a newb to edgewood bags I thought the slot where the tube fits was to be filled with sand :eek: so maybe my bag is defective??

Edgerat

Isaac
The tube isn't supposed to have any stitches across it but I got one that did as well.I pushed a sharpened pencil into the tube breaking out the two stitches.
You will probaly only fill the bag once and after a couple weeks add a bit more sand to it so push the pencil through the offending stitches and get er done.
Lynn

Isaac ...

so its not the easiest question then.
For what you paid for that bag, you should not have had to ask any question at all. (It should have been able to fill itself.) There should have been a set of filling instructions with it. At the first sign of defective workmanship a phone call could have gotten a new bag on its way to you. Don't settle for poor quality control. Edgewood is supposed to the best out there. Sounds like you and Lynn have/had problems the Edgewood folks need to know about, so they can look at their manufacturing and QC operation. :)

I spoke to Steve and Barbara at Edgewood today and they are just as baffled as I am by all of this. They sent me a new bag and a call-tag for the one I already have so that I can shoot this weekend. I am just about beside myself that people are still like this in business today. Wonderful wonderful people at Edgewood, the price I paid is well worth it for the quality and the people that I am supporting.
Thank you edgewood!
isaac

Edgerat

Isaac
Aside from the little problem with some stitches you have the best bag available today at any price.
I have a huge collection of bags from the various other manufacturers and nothing comes even remotely close to an Edgewood.Jack will make it right.
Lynn

Back