Dog for sale.

G

gt40

Dog For Sale:

Free to good home. Excellent guard dog. Owner cannot afford to feed him anymore, as there are no more drug pushers, thieves, murderers, or molesters left in the neighborhood for him to eat.

Most of them knew him as 'Holy Crap.'

Attachments

• dog.jpg
    dog.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,117
Last edited by a moderator:
Funny!! :)

I'm guessing the pic's a mastiff.... I'm not much of a dog person but the only dog I ever thought of getting was a mastiff. I was walking through the parking lot here in the logging town of Amboy when the ground shook. I look over and there's an enormous HEAD setting on the rail of a little Datsun pickup. I looked closer, there's another, then they stood up. These two dawgs were so bloody big that two of them in the pickup bed couldn't turn around... they stood side-by-side like Poland China boar hogs, shoulder to shoulder looking over the cab...

The lady said that "the big one" weighed 386lb but the little one "barely made three-fifty." She was a breeder and we talked, I thought it over and in the end decided that I couldn't afford one of these beasts.....

perty cool though.

al

Presa Canario

We just buried our Presa Canario. Amos topped out at 165 and was down to 138 at 13 years best dog we ever had:(

Photoshopped, the world record was Zorba, an English Mastiff at 343 lbs.

I couldn't afford to feed that dog, either! I think it's been photoshopped, too. The English and Neopolitan mastiffs I've seen were not nearly that big. One of them killed three pit bulls, too!

Is that a presa canario??

looks like a mastiff, red fawn, the bullmastiff's do not get as big as a english mastiff, I have had a few of them, got one right now, brindle in color, my first got up to 170 pounds, the one I have now is at 125, that photo was around a year ago or so, and there were some more with it, a couple walking him, he was as big as a lion. Ron Tilley

The dogs here locally are much bigger than the dog in the pic. I have no reason to suspect photoshop.

I could drive three miles and see these dogs, I've seen them several times since and they are BIG..... The two ride around in the little ladies Datsun and they fill the entire bed of the truck, with DAWG....

Interestingly enough we had the conversation about the "World Record dog" soon after I saw these two, I have a bunch of the Guinness books (I've got kids in school) and I have cousins who are friends of the lady with the dogs. At the time we were all curious as these dogs are both bigger than the recorded record. I guess I could go over and confirm the weights, maybe I'm misremembering and they're only 250lb not 350, but again, they easily look bigger than the dog in the pic. These dogs looked this big next to ME and I'm much bigger than the lady in the pic......

al

Al

You know Al, women sometimes get mixed up on weights of things. Maybe the gal with the dogs in the Datsun was confused. I had a girlfriend one time that said she weighed 250, but she sweat more like a 350 pounder:p

Dave

Last edited:
Dog Story

Dave.
"She sweat like a 350 pounder". I guess "couth" is where you find it! :D
When referring to one that large, we always used to say " I bet on a hot day she could work up enough sweat to shave a water buffalo". But to each his own! :D

Best,
Dan Batko

"Where are we going and why am I in this basket?"

You know Al, women sometimes get mixed up on weights of things. Maybe the gal with the dogs in the Datsun was confused. I had a girlfriend one time that said she weighed 250, but she sweat more like a 350 pounder:p

Dave

I have not stopped laughing for 15 mins, getting cabin fever:D:D

I overheard

Dave.
"She sweat like a 350 pounder". I guess "couth" is where you find it! :D
When referring to one that large, we always used to say " I bet on a hot day she could work up enough sweat to shave a water buffalo". But to each his own! :D

Best,
Dan Batko

A"Your girlfriend is so big.." contest one time. I remember "...warm in the winter and shade in the summer" and the winner was " Your girlfriend is so big she could sell shade"

What's couth?
LASER

Dog For Sale:

Free to good home. Excellent guard dog. Owner cannot afford to feed him anymore, as there are no more drug pushers, thieves, murderers, or molesters left in the neighborhood for him to eat.

Most of them knew him as 'Holy .'

Does he come with a SADDLE and a portable BARN ??? :D:D:D

Coots&Couth

While the two words sound alike, they have completely opposite meaning. Theres only two kind of women,big o'l good ones and good o'l big ones. No examples please Dave!

As long as nobody brings Rosie O'donnell into this as an example then I can say "couth has been maintained."

And the dog's integrity undamaged.....

al

Couth

Laser,
Couth is class or good manners. The word couth is used around West Texas quite a bit. :) Example: I like that ole' boy but he ain't got much couth! We really don't talk that way much out here but it's Saturday night and I've had a few Dos Equis and thought I could get away with it ! :D
Best,

Dan Batko

"Couth"

Couth was not a word but now is a word. The origin is uncouth which has always been a word. Similar to "seller" and "sellee", couth started as a play on uncouth. Certainly the correct english for sellee would be "buyer" and couth would be something like "polish". Such terms catch on and often end up in the dictionary. As to why we continue to invent words I can only guess that we do it to confuse the asian players at a blackjack table in return for their inconsiderate use of their native language.

As an aside comment, as my wife ages (very gracefully I add just in case...), she has invented some very useful and intuitive words. I would offer an example if I had an ounce of memory.

Just let me know when it becomes necessary to place myself on the global ignore list.....

Couth was not a word but now is a word. The origin is uncouth which has always been a word. Similar to "seller" and "sellee", couth started as a play on uncouth. Certainly the correct english for sellee would be "buyer" and couth would be something like "polish". Such terms catch on and often end up in the dictionary. As to why we continue to invent words I can only guess that we do it to confuse the asian players at a blackjack table in return for their inconsiderate use of their native language.

As an aside comment, as my wife ages (very gracefully I add just in case...), she has invented some very useful and intuitive words. I would offer an example if I had an ounce of memory.

Just let me know when it becomes necessary to place myself on the global ignore list.....

OK Wilbur, since you seem at a loss I'll supply one...... I've used it quite a bit on here just waiting to be called. :D

"hoovis"

As in "it'd be totally hoovis to use this word in informal discourse but it would NOT behoove us to use it in a legal documant."

And on an apposite note, howsa'bout the addition of "age?" Like "signage?" MY Beloverly Other just HATES misuse of same. She's an editor of a small magazine. I say the language is simply evolving, as it well should.

LOL

al

Back