Dillon RL 550B Reloading Press

A

abintx

Anyone know where I can find the best price on the Dillon 550B. A Google search doesn't turn up much of a bargain anywhere. Going to use it for handgun loads. The 45 ACP in particular. Thanks.

Prices are pretty consistent for Dillon products. Sometimes you can save some money buying used on Ebay. However about 18 months ago the demand for Dillon reloaders was so high and the supply so short that some guys were getting full retail for used pieces.
Ted

to the best of my knowledge most( 99%) of dillon dealers are required to sign a pricing agreement...so "deals" are very limitied.

( i have been selling dillon products for close to 13yrs now.)

brians pricing is very good, if you were closer we could talk but second shipping kills nonlocal deals.
no we do not ship......
mike in co

fi you decide to get the case feeder...be aware that there are 4 makers of 45 acp ammo that make both large and SMALL primer brass, so sort well first.

Anyone know where I can find the best price on the Dillon 550B. A Google search doesn't turn up much of a bargain anywhere. Going to use it for handgun loads. The 45 ACP in particular. Thanks.

Keep an eye on Craigslist or word of mouth at a shoot or sportsman club. I picked up a Square deal with 3 die changes. Did not need two and sold them and ended up paying $100 for the press and 45 acp dies.

Last edited:
pass on the 450..the 550b is miles ahead. you can pay to upgrade the 450 to a 550 but there goes any savings.

mike in co

fi you decide to get the case feeder...be aware that there are 4 makers of 45 acp ammo that make both large and SMALL primer brass, so sort well first.

Be careful you don't get a 9mm mixed in with your 45 acp cases and it gets inside of your acp case. Ask me how I know.

gt40

Be careful you don't get a 9mm mixed in with your 45 acp cases and it gets inside of your acp case. Ask me how I know.

gt40

Me too... it is amazing how much leverage an RL 1050 has.

I seated a large primer half way into a 45 case with a small primer pocket, before there was any increase resistance in the lever pull. :(

Swagged the small pocket larger, and made a bottle neck out of the primer.

Don't overlook a Hornady Lock N Load, they are great presses. Not knocking the Dillon but I prefer the Hornady. I can't figure out the cult like following Dillon has, perhaps it comes from the very early days of Dillon and before my time. If your going through 400 rounds a weekend the Hornady or Dillon 1050 would be better.

The very first time I loaded .45 ACP with my XL-650 / electric case feeder I was very careful and took my time and in 45 minutes the box of 500 .45 semi wad cutters was empty. :D :)

gt40

I have a 550b that has never load a single round. I took it out of the box and mounted it on my bench. I decided that I didn't shoot enough pistol rounds to use it. It comes with dillon 45acp dies as well. I want 300.00 plus shipping for it.
If you are interested in it my email is kennedymachine@att.net.

doug you have an email..if abintx does not take , i will
mike in co

I have a 550b that has never load a single round. I took it out of the box and mounted it on my bench. I decided that I didn't shoot enough pistol rounds to use it. It comes with dillon 45acp dies as well. I want 300.00 plus shipping for it.
If you are interested in it my email is kennedymachine@att.net.

Back