Did weaver ever re release their 45x?

skeetlee

I haven't been hearing anything much about the weaver 45x. I know they had some issue with the first batch. Does anyone know if they are going to continue with this scope line, and did they get their problems figured out? Just curious. Lee

i guess i am jinxed...still not working.
i'll try midway direct

my firefox browser refuses to open the page,
msn works fine

Last edited by a moderator:
And I see the price went up $100. Probably to help pay for the recall on the first ones. I owned one and it was a nice scope, held POA for as long as I shot it. They did a really good thing about recalling them and refunding the purchase price, including shipping.

Joe Hynes

jackie,
i looked and could not find the thread.
it was grease/lube dots on lenses,
as i recall.

Scope

And I see the price went up $100. Probably to help pay for the recall on the first ones. I owned one and it was a nice scope, held POA for as long as I shot it. They did a really good thing about recalling them and refunding the purchase price, including shipping.

Joe Hynes

Been thinking about buying a t36 for short benchrest. Is that to much scope for 100 to 300 yards

Been thinking about buying a t36 for short benchrest. Is that to much scope for 100 to 300 yards

The trends in the past 10 years is more power. The new Nightforce is 42x. March makes them from 40x to 60x.

But a 36x is really just right. I shoot 36x Valdada's and 42x Nightforces.

Jackie,
I looked through one of those 36X Valdada scopes and the clarity was phenominal. Really I would choose one of those over the Nightforce. I really liked the Weaver XR 46 but I have since replaced it with another Leupold 36 w/ Tucker conversion. 36x does seem to be an optimal power.

did weaver ever release their 45?

A 36 is just fine for 100 200 300 yds Going up in power isn't always the wisest thing to do.

You get a bit more mirage to deal with as you go up in power.

If you have decent vision a good 36 will do just fine

Back