Detour

Beau

What's the easiest way to get around the rock slide coming from the North to Rocky River?

Rock slide?

Beau, Where is the rock slide? I normally take 64 East into west Virginia and then head South down to North Carolina. I hope there isn't any issues going this way.

We'll be there about noon on Friday. When are you getting there?

Mike Sherrill

If you take I64 east to I77 south to NC you will be ok.
Fred K

Best directions.

I know we won't have issues with the rock slide but...
We are coming 64 to 77 from Missouri, I have a question. My GPS shows then taking 74 thru Winston/Salem. Looks to me like it would be best to stay on 77 thru Charlotte.

Which way is best?

Charlie

Beau, Where is the rock slide? I normally take 64 East into west Virginia and then head South down to North Carolina. I hope there isn't any issues going this way.

We'll be there about noon on Friday. When are you getting there?

Mike Sherrill

No there wouldn't be any issues going your way. But 64 is out of my way. I have a GPS but it will route me to the slide, so I guess me and Rand McNally will have to figure it out. I've not seen yet a detour I couldn't make as long as I have a map.

I won't be able to get there until Saturday. I have a function to attend Friday night. Figured I would sleep a little while and leave around 2. Looks like 1 now.

Beau I came through there two days after the slide, the shortest way around is over the mountains through Gatlinburg to Clyde N.C.. It was 79 Mi. From I40 Back to I40

I'll be arriving about 7 pm Thursday coming down VA Hwy 29 after a side trip to the Piney Hill Chicken house and Bill Myers shop . Anyone want to meet for dinner on Thursday evening? My first time at "the barn" so don't know the really good eateries, yet. I'm gonna eat some good Carolina BBQ before I head for home I hope. bob finger

Fish House

Bob: You need to eat at the Fish House (that's what I call it ). Great food. A lot of the group will gather there on Fri Night.

Back