DanB's Awesome Pellet Air Gauging Device

A bunch of us have tried pellet sizing with no apparent improvement. A good tin of pellets beats a bad tin of sorted/sized pellets any day.
Dan

Hi ALL, Have any of you used from the UK, that Sizing die they sell? 20 tapered reamed holes you dump handful of pellets in. Shake, and they fall into tapered hole, then you PUSH with a rod through and the head and skirt are supposed to be ALL sized to the size hole you have ordered? Saw it used on YouTube video and would be faster than weighing and if you get the dimension size correct FOR YOUR GUN, in theory seem to work?? Tester on Video said shots consistent with pellets sized this way. Listed shipped at 29 Pounds so near $50?? Anyone have thoughts or knowledge?........Thanks........Carl

Thank You DanB......I am just getting in to PCP after shooting all my life, cf and rf...........Have gun ordered and await it's build and arrival. Want to learn what is BEST for accuracy and i won't bother with pellet sizing...........Thanks again...............Carl

Ii hate to make blanket statements. It didn't work for us but with the variability with barrels and pellets I would give it a shot if you can, it may help with your combination.
Dan

Thank You DanB......I am just getting in to PCP after shooting all my life, cf and rf...........Have gun ordered and await it's build and arrival. Want to learn what is BEST for accuracy and i won't bother with pellet sizing...........Thanks again...............Carl

DanB......Again thanks......a lifetime of CF and RF shooting and competition, and still compete in F-Class to 1000 yds and ARA rimfire. I have just ordered a RAW (Rapid Air Weapons) in.22 ....I asked Martin what he could build for BEST accuracy at 100 yds.....He advised me, and i ordered with 12 week build period....As i know nothing about air guns i will await the rifle and already recieved JSB and H&N match pellets on hand and the Air tanks and all needed equipment. I will see what shoots best and dia of head that seems to be most consistent, and possibly get a sizer ???? My first thought after using a vernier on head and skirt is, it would seem to swage the skirt down to head size and that would be NOT GOOD, as skirt is larger than head out of the can ??? So ordering a sizer to uniform the head sizing would compromise the sealing by TO MUCH downsizing of skirt??? Just my thoughts as i do not have experience in pellets???

So Dan if you are still selling your SORTING DEVICE, i may be ordering one from you? But will await the gun and some testing.

Carl

Question for the enlightened

Are any of you using the TR Robb pellet sizer? And if you have one is the interior rough, Smooth, or polished.
Thanks,
Centerfire

Back