cz accessories

G

gambler

ok, i know it's a major sin but !

i bought a cz 452 american to play with and i need some place to obtain a trigger guard upgrade, trigger, high rings, and other after market goodies..no i aint going to RFC/cz forum, there's enough closet cz shooters right here
to find out all i need to know:D:D

You realize there's someone on RFC that makes high quality milled trigger guards, right?

gambler, all my cz's have bkl 257 rings. they work for 11mm or 3/8 american is 3/8. for the trigger a yodave trigger spring/spacers will help. automated solutions makes an adjustable sear. all of the triggers are under 9.0 oz. make sure the barrel channel is fully floated. the rear action screw fits into a floating dovetail. my advice is anchor it and bed the action. gambler also got rid of the sling studs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! What's wrong with RFC? There's a wealth of knowledge there and they're always willing to help. I bounce around several rimfire forums and they're all helpful to some extent.

Just wondering,

Ken

Marty is right on about BKL rings

I have a Rifle Basix trigger on my American. Great trigger, passes all safety checks and is a sub 10oz. And Yes Glen H. is alive and well. He bought a CZ about two weeks ago. My CZ's love Lapua.

Marty is a friend. But I like the floating dovetail on the American because it allows the receiver to be de-stressed. My Americans shoot very very well. The barrel profile must be conducive do a high state of tune.

how well does a "cz" shoot at fifty yards

I've quit shooting for 25 years. I like to check out all the new equipment. I'd like to know what kind of groups a "cz 452" can average at fifty yards. I'm sure you tested a few kinds of ammo. The rifles I used 25 years ago are still what is being used today. What do you know about that? I'd like to find a good shooting rifle at a bargain price just to try it out.
ifldned

nuttin wrong with RFC..i'm old and don't have enough years left to read the entire CZ forum..:D
i took glen h.s advice and bought the cz thinkin he might work on it, wrong !!
he only works on his own:(

ifldned. used my cz's in the custom sporter and factory sporter shoots. best on a ir50/50 is 245 12x worst on 5 targets was 242 6x. match the ammo with these guns, hold them just right and they can be very accurate for a factory rifle. it's all in finding the right ammo for that day your shooting.

Do not worry it probably will not need much work

Most Americans shoot very well. A couple of notes. They truly are a tight bore so cleaning is unique. I will PM you my phone number. They come with a barrel preservative that resembles cosmoline. You will want that out before shooting it. The bores slug beautifully with a constant taper from breech to muzzle. A regular .22 rimfire brush will get stuck in the bore (ask me how I know!!!!) MOST OF US use a .20 cal rod and brush. The 20/20 concepts patchworm kit is a standard among CZ shooters. Some CZ's have a high ejector that can scratch a cleaning rod, on those guns I just use a .17 cal rod.

Tuning an American via action screw torque is pretty straight forward.

Do not feel bad or take it personally, Glen is busy enough with his own projects to keep himself busy for the next 200 years. Plus we stay pretty busy running the Vintage Benchrest Matches.

Regards, Bruce

the bore is about the only part of the gun i like, except for the price:)
the bore looks almost glass lined, i've got a .184 ivy cleaning rod i bought
for the tightassed Kimber and it was still really too tight !!!
in da old days i dumped a ton in an ns522, stith stock and the works..it shot like a .410:eek: after the expensive mods, don't want to go there again !!!

where do you get a bore guide fer this puppy ?

Under 1/2" easily is the Norm

I've quit shooting for 25 years. I like to check out all the new equipment. I'd like to know what kind of groups a "cz 452" can average at fifty yards. I'm sure you tested a few kinds of ammo. The rifles I used 25 years ago are still what is being used today. What do you know about that? I'd like to find a good shooting rifle at a bargain price just to try it out.
ifldned

Look at Martin's scores. Those scores would produce groups in the 3/8's range.

When I say under 1/2" is normal some times well under, this is for a gun with good tested ammo, wind flags or calm conditions, A good rest and bag set-up and a gun that has had tinkering and tuning done to it. Trigger, floating, action screws, etc.

There are to many internet "groups" mentioned that are pure BS.

I have seen many scored CZ targets and they have the potential to shoot very well. Keep in mind even with best rimfire guns there are some barrels that are just magic!!!

For what is worth, my first American will out shoot either of my 64 Annie's.

Do not go there

the bore is about the only part of the gun i like, except for the price:)
the bore looks almost glass lined, i've got a .184 ivy cleaning rod i bought
for the tightassed Kimber and it was still really too tight !!!
in da old days i dumped a ton in an ns522, stith stock and the works..it shot like a .410:eek: after the expensive mods, don't want to go there again !!!

where do you get a bore guide fer this puppy ?

Do very simple tuning and ammo testing. If it is a shooter keep it. If it is'nt sell it. That is the beauty of these guns. You can play and have fun without killing the family budget.

I use a Sinclair bore guide. I do not brush much. A boroscope confirms that my Patchworm regimen is working.

The barrels are hand lapped by the way. That is why they look like a custom barrel and clean up like a dream.

Bruce and Marty are giving it to you straight. My CZ's shoot Lapua extremely well, especially the old Master and Midas.And like Marty said they will generally shoot low to mid 240's. My best American has shot a best of a 249, and hovers around 245. Marty has seen this rifle's scores at Anderson Creek, and I've see his scores as well. All I've done is change the trigger spring and free float the barrel, and with a Fudd top, they are manageable with the narrow forearm.

so far today i've ordered
bore guide and brushes..sinclairs
Bkl rings
rifle basix trigger
weaver v 6x24 fine x hair and dot, add cost of rifle and it comes to $700
good thing i get scope, trigger, and rifle and ammo at cost..workin in a gun shop has it's perks :D
thanks guys:)

Same basic setup that I have. I have the Weaver V-24 as well, with the Varmint Dot reticle. In my opinion, this is the best variable scope for the money. 1/8 min. clicks and when you crank the magnification down, the reticle stays in proportion to the magnification. Something about the focal plane to reticle location. This is very important, because in factory sporter we are limited to ten x, and 6.5 in custom sporter.

instinct wants me to have it pillar and glass bedded plus other machine work..but I'd settle for finding the guy that sells the custom trigger guard..searching rfc aint easy:)

gambler, I searched for that trigger guard also, could not find it. I'm thinking he made 60 or so for a one time shot? most of the cz's shoot eley or lapua well. but all seemed slightly more accurate with lapua. several liking the L stuff. old sidewinder has been shooting the center x with good results.

I've got two bricks of wolf match extra to start it off on....i can get the stuff fer $60 a brick..hope it likes it..being European it was probably designed to shoot lapueee:)

that and they have an extremely tight chamber and bore for a squirell rifle. the wolf should shoot great.

Some of the more experienced shooters I hang around with are putting in a Timney trigger on their new CZs.

Back