Garrands
SKSs
AK47s
:
:
:
CZ527s
Bolt action Mossberg shotguns

I really have to disagree with most of your list. You also can't really lump all Mauser's, FAL's or AR's into one group. If you're going to then for crying out loud a CZ 527 is a Mauser.

Cz527

Well been a while since I've been on the forum but just a update to the 527...I have been shooting Lapua brass with AA2015 at 25 grain with the 40 grain flat base Sierra bullet and the rifle now shoots like a lazer. Using cci br primers. Friends of mine did not believe when I told them 5 shots way under a dime so I let them take the gun home and shoot it themselves and now everyone wants to buy this rifle off me..Just glad I did not quit her....Just amazing. I am just neck sizing about 7/8s of the neck leaving a small donut on the neck then loading. I did lap the lugs for 100 percent contact. The gun does not like boat tails but loves the flat base bullets.

Last edited:
My problem is the two bolt faces that have failed.
That has never happened to me in 51 years with 100 real Mausers.

Attachments

• CZ527withboltaction with extractor and bolt face blown off 8-15-2013.jpg
    CZ527withboltaction with extractor and bolt face blown off 8-15-2013.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 192
The chamber may have been over chamfered causing unsupported case wall causing case failure. The bolt failures were secondary caused by gas. In a 98 Mauser, from the times I have seen it, the extractor fails, but the bolt head does not break into pieces.

Back