Crawfish Shoot

William Smith

Shooters,
Time to shake off that cabin fever plan to start off the new Season with a big bang. We will host the first Outdoor State Championship Match of the year, here in warm, sunny Florida. The range has gone thru some major changes since last year and the improvements that they have made so far have really been "Shooter Oriented". Sequence of events for the weekend:

1. The range will be open for practice on 30 March from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM. We will start drawing for benches at 3:00 for Friday's Sporter Match. Coffee, water, and Soft Drinks will be available.

2. 31 March, Sporter Championship Match will be contested. Drawing for benches will end at 8:00 and Match will commence at 9:00. Lunch will be provided by Firehouse Subs and we will supply water, and Soft Drinks.
Drawing for Benches for Saturday's 3-Gun Yards Championship will commence at 2:00 PM as we pass out the Winners Plaques for the Sporter Match.
3. 1 April, 3-Gun Yards Championship Match will be contested. Drawing for benches will end at 8:00 and Match will commence at 9:00. At the completion of the match we will have our Traditional Crawfish/Shrimp Feast and then the presentation of the Plaques for the winners of the Yards Match. Drawing for benches will commence for the Meters Section.
4. 2 April, 3-Gun Meters Championship Match will be contested. Drawing for benches will end at 8:00 and Match will commence at 9:00, (earlier if possible). Plaques for the winners will be given out as soon as possible so that you can get an early start home.

All standing IR50/50 standing rules will be complied with along with the Local Range Safety rules. We have plenty of parking spaces and Tent spaces will be made available on a first come first serve basis. If you want to put up a Tent for cleaning, gear storage, or just sitting in the shade, let me know as soon as possible so that I can put you on the reservation list. We will a drawing for door prizes on Sat. at the Luncheon. Two tables will be available for items you wish to sell or trade.
Please give me a heads-up if you plan to attend so that I can make arrangements for food and drinks, we surely want to have enough shrimp and crawfish. Hope some of our ARA friends can make it also, we look forward to showing everyone a good time and some tuff competition.
Home: 904-276-1008
Cell: 904-534-1219
E-mail: usnwls@att.net

Crawfish Shoot

Shooters, The Hospitality Inn will again block out rooms for us at a special rate and have breakfast early enough for you to make it to the range early for set up. Their phone number is 1-800-772-8929, just tell them you are one of the shooters and you will get the discount. Thumper

Time

Counting down the days till Crawfish time! Y'all come on down to Jville and have some fun. As Slick says Showup and Shoot!:cool:

Crawfish shoot

Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club
9301 Zambito Road
Jacksonville, Fl 32210

MD Bill Smith cell 904-534-1219

Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club
9301 Zambito Road
Jacksonville, Fl 32210

MD Bill Smith cell 904-534-1219

One week from today, the range will be open for practice and we will be at the beginning of a new season. I will have to make a few adjustments to the above schedule due to the amount of replies that I have received thus far. As of now, we only have 16 shooters who have notified us that they will be here for sure and that is not a sufficient number for me to contract for our Shrimp and Crawfish meal on Saturday. It is just simple economics and the rising costs of today's market. The best example of this is the cost of our Plaques has risen to $450. To somewhat offset this disappointment, we will lower the overall cost of match fees and improve the quantity and cost of our door prizes. Lunch will still be provided, as advertised, on Friday by Firehouse Subs and I will attempt to arrange for Saturday's lunch, all being the short notice. I want to insure that all who attend will have a good time and enjoy the highly competitive shooting that Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club will supply the venue for. Any questions or concerns, please contact me at the numbers provided. Bill

Bill,
You forget mention this is the FIRST List Match for 2017.
Want to be at the top then come on down!
Doug

You are 100% correct Doug. However, I have better news. I have received 2 phone calls offering assistance with the food and both from the "Dark Side", Centerfire Shooters. The first one I declined due to the fact that he has been a long time friend and former RF shooter and was not going to be able to make it to the shoot. Friends in this sport have a need to stay connected, no matter the circumstances, and no matter the need, they are always there when you might need them the most. The second offer I accepted due to the fact that he was a avid BR shooter, even though he to was a CF shooter and a member of our club here. He is local and also a close friend, and just happens to own 3 "Sonny's BBQ" places. For our Saturday meal, he will supply all Smoked Pulled Pork, all sauces, baked beans, and cole slaw with the plates and plastic ware for the price of the meat alone, and that puts us in the area of break even. The only thing is, I have to try his game, if he is to try ours, we may even end up with a new shooter. So, in truth, BR shooters always stick together, no matter the game we play. Thanks to all who offered assistance, we still have a lot to do to get more shooters involved in this sport of ours. Hope to see a group of shooters next weekend with the idea of having a great time and shooting well.
V/R, Bill (Thumper)

Van is Packed & Ready to Go

I packed today and heading on down to get in some practice.
If anyone has some decent ammo for me to test bring it on down.
Doug

It was a WILD ONE!

It got pretty breezy today @ the Crawfish. 16 Shooters, three cards and I don't think there were any 250''s shot. I'll wait to see if anyone else puts up the winners.

Pete

Back