Crawfish Shoot

William Smith

Shooters, It's time once again to shake off that Cabin Fever and head out to the range for some serious RFBR
shooting and a visit with fellow shooters. Once again we, at Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club, here in Jacksonville Florida, will host the first State Championship of Shooting Season 2019 with the Crawfish Shoot. The schedule of events and start times will be as follows:
Thursday 4 April------Open practice from 8:00 AM till 5:00 PM. Bench drawing for the Sporter match will commence at 3:00PM.
Friday 5 April------Range opens at 7:AM, Bench drawing for the Sporter match end at 8:00 AM. Sporter match will commence at 9:00. One hour after the Sporter match ends, bench drawing for the 10 Shot match will commence and end 2 hours later. The match will commence approx. 30 minutes later. This will be a money match and HOF points will be awarded. Money to the first 3 places only. Awards for the Sporter match will be given out at the completion of the 10 Shot match and bench drawing will commence for Sat 3 Gun yards match.
Saturday 6 April------Range opens at 7:AM Bench drawing for the Yards 3 Gun match will end at 8:00 AM. 3 Gun match will commence at 9:00. After the match, while targets are being scored, target backers will be moved back to the Meter line and we will open the range for practice and scope adjustments. When results of the 3 Gun Match are completed awards will be presented and drawing for Door prizes will take place.
Sunday 7 April------Range opens at 7:AM Bench drawing for the Meters match will end at 8:00 AM. 3 Gun Meters Match will commence at 9:00 AM.At the completion of scoring and protest period, awards for the Meters Match will be awarded.

Water and soft drinks will be available FREE Friday and thru out the weekend. Lunch will be served on Friday and on Saturday we will have our big feast of the weekend.

Motels in the area:
Hospitality Inn, approx. 10 minutes from range on 103rd Street. Has breakfast, clean rooms, approx. $65 plus tax. 904 777 5700
Super 8, approx. 20 minutes from range at Blanding Blvd. exit, next exit south of 103rd St. nice clean rooms approx. $65 plus tax. 904 777 0160
Baymont Inn and Suites, approx. 20 minutes from range at Blanding Blvd. exit, next exit south of 103rd St.
nice clean rooms, (has breakfast). 904 778 9539
Motels at Blanding Blvd have the availability of numerous eating establishments, and shopping at the Orange Park Mall, one red light away.
If I had to choose, my pick would be the Super 8 or the Baymont.
For more info please call me.
Home: 904 276 1008
Cell: 904 534 1219
Please let me know if you plan to attend so that I can arrange for lunches and drinks. See ya on the range.
V/R, Bill, (Thumper)

Crawdaddy shoot

Made reservations earlier today at the Baymont @ $65.00 per night. Got worried that spring breakers would get all the rooms. Dick and Helen also!??

Last edited:
Shooters,
Please let me know if you if you plan to attend ? It is important so that I can order food and drinks for all, so please take a minute and let me know. So far, I have had only one phone call, so at least we will have 3 shooters, but not enough for a state match? :confused: V/R, Bill

Crawfish

Thumper

The wife and I plan to attend and that will give you another shooter.

JRS ( looking for some warmer weather.)

Shooters,
Please let me know if you if you plan to attend ? It is important so that I can order food and drinks for all, so please take a minute and let me know. So far, I have had only one phone call, so at least we will have 3 shooters, but not enough for a state match? :confused: V/R, Bill

Bill,

Carole and I are booked and plan to be in the warm air on Thursday.

TKH

:cool:
Thumper

The wife and I plan to attend and that will give you another shooter.

JRS ( looking for some warmer weather.)

Long range weather says high 70's to low 80's slight chance of late evening showers Thursday night. Am looking forward to seeing and shooting with the shooters that show up. I think you will enjoy the range and the location. If you need anything prior to arrival, just let me know. We have tent spaces available. See ya soon. Thumper:cool:

Shooters, it's almost here, the first State Championship Match of the 2019 Season and we are ready to help shake off that cabin fever. After the many phone calls and E-mails that I have received in the last 3 days, it seems that there is a consensus of requests to alter the schedule, SLIGHTLY! We will now shoot the Sporter Championship Friday morning, Lunch approx. 1200, then shoot the Ten Shot match. Saturday morning we will shoot the 3 gun Yards match, Lunch approx. 1200, then shoot the 3 gun Meters match. I know that some may think this makes for a long day of shooting, however, it gives the long range travelers the chance for an early start on the drive home. I hope this decision pleases more people than it upsets. We will continue trying to make this the best way to start out our season, by creating smiles, memories, and of course good scores. Any questions, please call me or E-mail and I will do my best. 904 534 1219 or usnwls@att.net. See ya on the range. V/R, Bill

Crawfish

Will check with hotel and see if stay can be altered. No use staying an extra night if not needed, can drive a few hours and stay closer to home,less driving on Sunday. Show up and shoot!:cool:

Back