Congratulations Paul Bendix !!!

Maybe it would more fair to shot alternating relays for each card. As far as I could tell you had 20 min to shoot and 10 min air up/cleaning. I realize 10 min is maybe a little short for a full clear table/reload table/lane flags with a new competitor, but an extra 5 minutes wouldn't kill anyone and would have evened it out quite a bit. You could also cycle people to different lanes, if that window was a little bit longer.
I am sure everyone shooting in lane 20-40 realize how difficult the conditions where on those in relationship to 1-20.
From an organizational perspective, this method would add a new level of complexity to it, that would need serious attention. Rio Salado always have a bit of tricky wind conditions, at least for the period I have been going there. A system to equalize the discrepancies for the competitors would have been welcomed.
Obviously none of us can predict with any certainty what the weather will do on match day, so the next best thing is to find a way to spread it out in way that the "luck of the draw" doesn't completely sideline someone, or completely safeguard someone else. After all it's a competition of skill, not luck.

Wish they shot 4 cards, then you could have done each class over two days, 2 cards each day, with alternating start times, and lane position.

Just some thoughts.

Back