Chrono data

shinny

Shinny
Not being very knowledgeable about Chronograph results need help interpreting this data.
1st shot was a cold clean barrel.

34.7 Gr
H-4198
Cheek 118-7
10 Shots

Min
Max
Avg
S-D
ES
Series
Shot
Speed
ft/s
ft/s
ft/s
ft/s
ft/s
ft/s
ft/s
ft/s
ft/s
ft/s

Last edited:
Did you shoot at a target ?
I would look for smaller ed/sd UNLESS
it is shooting small groups as is.

(actually you should recalc the es/sd
without the first shot...)

Bell%20Curve%20bs_zpsecqhpps1.jpg

I'd like to ask Huskerp7m8 to explain exactly how he gets his spread sheet data out of his computer and onto this forum in such a nice way.

I can do something similar but it involves a lot of clumsy steps using PhotoShop, Flickr, and a lot of fiddling around saving files in different formats. Sadly, my end result usually looks pretty crappy. Yours look great. How do you do it?

Last edited:
I've had lots of practice refining methods for presenting testing results in a coherent manner having written hundreds of technical articles dealing with firearm precision, ballistics, and statistical analysis from data generated in my testing facility/tunnel.
One of the most useful tools I've been using for nearly 10 years is a small shareware software package I've linked to below:

http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm

$19.95 and it's worth every penny of that for those interested in this type of endeavor. I still find myself amazed at the various functions it's capable of performing. It does much more than simply capture screen shots.

Landy

I've had lots of practice refining methods for presenting testing results in a coherent manner having written hundreds of technical articles dealing with firearm precision, ballistics, and statistical analysis from data generated in my testing facility/tunnel.
One of the most useful tools I've been using for nearly 10 years is a small shareware software package I've linked to below:

http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm

$19.95 and it's worth every penny of that for those interested in this type of endeavor. I still find myself amazed at the various functions it's capable of performing. It does much more than simply capture screen shots.

Landy

Wow...............thanks. I just downloaded the free 30 day trial and it looks really nice.

Back