Chief City Shooters double match results 07-07-2024

doclu60

I didn't advertise this match here, although I doubt it would have increased participation. That being the case, there are a few who may be interested in the results. Winds weren't extreme but were those snotty tail winds that demand total focus on the flags. The highest card out of 6 today was a 249 and was shot by Jerry Halcomb. I was finished with the card and was watching him finish his through the spotting scope. Poor SOB dropped his 24th shot!! I felt his pain deeply......I have been in his shoes!! Much better to drop your only point earlier in the card if you shoot a 249. Takes the pressure off!

I will say we had a fun time today, and while a small group, a very fun group to shoot with! I want to personally thank those that helped today. We have a mobility challenged shooter who needs help, and I also need help scoring to get competitors back on the road home in a timely fashion. I have all the support I could hope for shooting these matches! Heartfelt thanks for all the help!! :)

Results below.........Scott

Attachments

• IMG_2925.jpg
    IMG_2925.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 34
Poor ole SOB here! Scott is a good MD and we have a great group At our matches. All are competitive shooters!
IR 50 is a wonderful sport
Jerry
Thank you for the kind words, Jerry. I could not do the job I do without people like you who help me keep things straight. I smile every time I see your truck coming down the lane. It was nice to see your win today, especially since you smithed your heavy gun yourself.

I agree completely that IR, especially 3-Gun and Sporter matches, are truly wonderful. It's a Sporter thing for sure, as those that still support the IR non-unlimited classes will surely agree with. I very much appreciate your participation and help at Chief City.

Sincerely........Scott

Thanks Landy! Surprised to see you posting, with all that is going on in your town and household. I was planning on shooting Lincoln this month, but was wondering if you were going to come after the tragic situation in Cozad? Hope all is going well.

Scott

We’ve finally got the house to where it’s perfectly livable and comfortable, but we’re now playing the waiting game with several insurance adjustors and interior/exterior contractors.

I probably won’t know if I’m going to Lincoln until the last minute, what with all that’s going on.

Thanks for caring,
Landy

Thanks Jerry, but as I told Scott we’re in a good place now (other than the waiting), and all these weather disasters across the entire country have left others in much worse shape than us.

At least when Jerry Stiller arrives here in a few weeks, he’ll be able to stay with us instead of a motel. LOL

Landy

Back