Chambering in .375 DCM vs .375 Cheytac?

M

MDslammer

Hi Guys,

I'm going to have a .375 Cheytac built and I'm told chambering in .375 DCM (.375 CT Improved)
is the way to go.

Can anyone here please tell me what the chambering difference is between .375 Cheytac and .375 DCM?

What advantages will I get from chambering in .375 DCM?
Does it offer larger case capacity for more powder?

Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

MDslammer

Once it gets that big does there really need to be an improved version? Does it help to burn 123gr of powder over 120? Why havent i seen a 50bmg ackley imp?

No 50 bmg improved Blasphemy!!

50.jpg

Sorry I had to google it cause I knew somebody must have gone there :D

Last edited:
Once it gets that big does there really need to be an improved version? Does it help to burn 123gr of powder over 120? Why havent i seen a 50bmg ackley imp?

Dusty,

Do you know for certain that the difference between case capacity between a .375 CT and a .375 DCM (or Snipetac) is only 3 grains?
This is what I'm trying to find out. How much more area for powder does the case capacity of a "improved CT" chamber yield?

If it fact it is only 3 grains, then I agree, why bother. I'm trying to find out from those who do shoot an "improved CT" to
get a more accurate answer.

MD

Dusty, the late Eric Klemitiche had a huge McMillin Rifle chambered in 50 BMG Ackley. I actually shot it several times.

Back