chamber after reaming what ?

See Jackie, thats why your the man!

First you lay out the facts: "The only thing the major and minor diameter of a properly machined 60 degree thread fits is Air."
Then you lay out the wisdom: "My favorite Machinist saying is......."why is it you can never find the time to do it right, but you can always find the time to do it over".

My daddy used to tell me "You learn more by watching and listening then by talking about it."

Especially when we are getting advice from people who have probably forgotten more about machining than I will ever know (and I've been doing it awhile).
Kind of like when someone asks me for my opinion on machining, reloading, or whatever and then tell me I don't know what I'm talking about:confused:
No problem, just don't ask me again!
Just a thought for "some" to ponder.
Greg

Last edited:
What is it Butch said to Piss you off one would be hard pressed to find a more generous, helpful and truthful gentleman.

What is it Butch said to Piss you off one would be hard pressed to find a more generous, helpful and truthful gentleman.

He’s been rude to me on numerous occasions on other forums. I’ve found MANY more people more generous and helpful. Glad you’ve had a good experience with him.

He’s been rude to me on numerous occasions on other forums. Glad you’ve had a good experience with him.

Sometimes you just have to look in the mirror or ask yourself why and the answer becomes obvious. I, for one, the entire TX Junior Team, and many more that I know have been on the receiving end of Butch's generosity, help, and knowledge.

You might be the minority on this discussion. whoever you are. Real name please, like most of us on this forum.

Nez Rongero

Last edited:
Sometimes you just have to look in the mirror or ask yourself why and the answer becomes obvious. I, for one, the entire TX Junior Team, and many more that I know have been on the receiving end of Butch's generosity, help, and knowledge.

You might be the minority on this discussion. whoever you are. Real name please, like most of us on this forum.

Nez Rongero

Sometimes.... but not always. Some guys don’t like any way but theirs and are rude to others who have different methods. Either way, glad he does some nice things for others.... not my experience. Majority on this forum is not a concern. As for my name, Mike is good enough.

Back to the topic at hand for the OP.

Last edited:

Nez Rongero

Nez,
In my experience some people have no mirrors in their house for a reason!
And it isn't because they are vampires.
Just sayin,
Greg

Sometimes Butch doesn't answer your question-----but he asks you a question.

You'll usually do well if you run down the answer to Butch's question.

No harm in giving an opportunity for others to think for themselves and dig a little
for their answers.

A. Weldy

Sometimes Butch doesn't answer your question-----but he asks you a question.

You'll usually do well if you run down the answer to Butch's question.

No harm in giving an opportunity for others to think for themselves and dig a little
for their answers.

A. Weldy

I don’t mind the mr miagi stuff, but I don’t react well to rudeness or treating someone he doesn’t know anything about like they are below him if they disagree. My mentor is 74 now and he hates the forums because of those types. He has built a lot of incredible rifles in his life and has cut out all the time wasting bs stuff. People like Butch would treat him like an idiot, when in fact, Ross is worth 100 of those types.

Heads up!

Ha! I know that Butch likes to drop burlap sacks of kittens out of airplanes. (Just kidding. I agree with the above quote. However, if he mails me one more dead puppy...). Tim

Is Ram being abrasive again?
Calling him MikeInCo won’t make it worse: he’s already worse.
And now back to regular programming.

Is Ram being abrasive again?
Calling him MikeInCo won’t make it worse: he’s already worse.
And now back to regular programming.

I only get “abrasive” when someone is disrespectful. Find a time when I’ve posted something rude prior to some jackass making a rude comment.

FB, you are dangerously close to getting on my ignore .... never mind, you’ve been added.

Ha! I know that Butch likes to drop burlap sacks of kittens out of airplanes. (Just kidding. I agree with the above quote. However, if he mails me one more dead puppy...). Tim

I was gonna' post a pleasant video of Bill Frenzer and his infamous Ogden Edsl song but I chickened out.......

Doc, be sure and put your mask on when you check today's mail.
Will you be at the Shilen Swap Meet tomorrow with your gas powered blender?

I’ve told what Harold Broughton told me before but it’s still as applicable as it was then. The difference between a tight thread and a loose thread is clearance. They both have clearance. The loose thread just has more clearance. He then stated clearance is clearance. I personally would rather have a loose thread than a tight thread. It will cause you a lot less problems.

I’ve told what Harold Broughton told me before but it’s still as applicable as it was then. The difference between a tight thread and a loose thread is clearance. They both have clearance. The loose thread just has more clearance. He then stated clearance is clearance. I personally would rather have a loose thread than a tight thread. It will cause you a lot less problems.

yes Sir! I agree.

Back