Cecil Tucker has left the range

hayscott

I just received word that Cecil Tucker passed away last night. Cecil was a Benchrest shooter and gunsmith out of Odessa, TX. Pioneered the Tucker Conversation on Leopold scopes and maker of the “Tucker” .22 and 6 mm bullets. Cecil was very instrumental in getting me started in Benchrest shooting. We are diminished. RIP my friend.

Cecil Tucker

A Benchrest Icon, bullet maker, innovator, mentor. My first benchrest rifle,chambered in 30 “Fat Albert” ,was built by Cecil Tucker.
When I thought I needed new brass,I called Cecil to get instructions on how to make new brass for the “30 Fat Albert”. Cecil’s reply was, “You don’t need new brass, the brass I made for that Rifle will out last you.” He was correct.
A short time later,I traded the rifle for one with less recoil. True Story.
A great competitor and friend. He will be missed.

Glenn

He was a true innovator. Just imagine how many shooters benefitted by having their scopes reworked by him, not to mention winning with his bullets.

Prayers to his family and friends.

He was a true innovator. Just imagine how many shooters benefitted by having their scopes reworked by him, not to mention winning with his bullets.

Prayers to his family and friends.

...Had a couple scopes done by him. Although I haven't shot in sometime, I can still see his face in my memories. Quite a gentlemen he was ...

rest peacefully Cecil.

Pat

Tuckerized Leupy

I had a Leupy done by Cecil. Perfect repeatability. Never getting rid of that scope.
RIP Cecil.

...Had a couple scopes done by him. Although I haven't shot in sometime, I can still see his face in my memories. Quite a gentlemen he was ...

rest peacefully Cecil.

Pat

Couldn't have said it better, Patrick! Enjoyed many a meal with Cecil and Charles.. I will never forget him.

Pat Byrne

Back