Case chamfer/deburr machine

W

w.e.q.

Gentlemen, in 1991 I purchased for about $70.00 a machine that used Wilson deburring
tools and it was sold by a company called Miller Engineering out of Virginia Beach, VA.
It is about the size of 1/2 of a cigar box. You put one Wilson tool on one side set for the inside of the case necks and then put another Wilson tool on the other to do the outside of the necks. It works on a pencil sharpener principal and that is meaning it is pressure activated, it only comes on when you press DOWN, it is very, very fast and now one side has gone out. Does anyone know where or even if these can be aquired somewhere? I have sent pics to Sinclair in hopes they would possibly take the hint and run with the ball but so far NO LUCK. When one has trimmed 2 or 3 thousand 223 or 204s for the praire dog busters it sure saves TIME and your FINGERS! And yes I have looked at the RCBS, to big and is not as user friendly as this little tool. I should have bought 2 or 3 at the time. Thanks for any help you folks may have. W.E.Q.

Deburr Machine

OK, I am going to try to send a picture, considering I have never done this before should be interesting. Here we go!!

Attachments

• Deburr.jpg
    Deburr.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 366
Last edited by a moderator:
If you buy a cheap benchtop drill press you can prep cases in a real hurry. 1000 223 cases trimmed to length with a LEE gauge/cutter in the chuck and the lock nut and case in your hand takes little time. Outside and inside chamfering is two steps but do all cases once then flip the tool. Very similar job as the above unit plus it doe smuch more. Just food for thought.

You might look at the Gracey trimmer. It does it all in one step. I can do around 400 or 500 and then I need to give my fingers a rest for a while but it is fast and trouble free once you get the cutters adjusted.

Don

As suggested, a fast electric trimmer such as a Gracey or Giraud would make more sense for a high-volume shooter. They trim cases very quickly, and leave the case mouths already chamfered & deburred. I had a Gracey for years, then finally sold it to defray the expense of the Giraud. If the Gracey is the Cadillac of trimmers, then it follows that the Giraud must be the Rolls Royce - it's plumb easy to trim 500+ cases/hour with it.

Back