can I use 220 Russian to make 6mm ARC brass

Andrew B

I have 2 reamers on the way for a 6mm arc and a 22 arc. I shortened the free bore and will use short light bullets to shoot prairie dogs with from an AR platform. Doing this in the hopes of better accuracy and some speed increase over a 223. IMO, that is what this is good for. Don't really care about shooting big bullets slow.

Anyhoo, I have 800 new 220 Russian Sako cases laying around. Any opinions on whether I can run them thru a full length Arc die and load them to fire form them into ARC brass? I cant find a print on a 5.6x39 or a 220 Russian

just do a search on the web. I believe it is off the 6.5 grendel brass, not the 220 russian.
the grendel brass was copied off of the 25 ppc. That i designed and had pacific made for me and i gave a few cases to doc palnasono as he drove to my hpome to pick them up /.

OP,
Mic your reamers as the web dimensions between 220 Russian,PPC,6.5Grendel,7.62x39 varies a few thousandths.

Dan - thanks. I did not think of doing that.

The body of the 220 Russian seems like it will blow out fine, but the web may be an issue. Hopefully not. I have a ton of Sako 220 Russian.

Sako brass

Dan - thanks. I did not think of doing that.

The body of the 220 Russian seems like it will blow out fine, but the web may be an issue. Hopefully not. I have a ton of Sako 220 Russian.

Of course you know sako brass is bigger in the web. D

Looks like it might be okay

6mm Arc brass is .4410 per hornady at the web and the sako 220 russian I have mikes at .4385

Thanks to all who replied

Back