Cactus tables

adamsgt

Jerry Adams
Last year was my first time there. I got there Thursday morning and got the last available reloading table. I noticed that a number of empty tables had pieces of masking tape with names on them. The tables were evidently being held for people who hadn't yet arrived. I understand buddies wanting to be together. With that in mind, just how early do you have to get there to ensure getting a table? From what I remember, I don't think there is enough table space for 158 people. Do I need to bring a folding table of some kind as a backup? Last year I drove my F250 and 5th wheel trailer so I had plenty of storage space. After reviewing my diesel costs from last year I decided this year to come in my Ford Escape which has limited storage space. Not sure I can fit extra gear in the car. So, I hope that someone can tell me that I'm wrong on how much table space is available or what other options may be available that I hadn't thought of yet.

Thanks in advance

We have 58 reloading tables at Ben Avery. They will handle 2 to 3 shooters per table. This year Dr. William Marsh will put up a tent that will have another 12 to 15 tables.
What the shooters do about putting names on tables is up to the shooters. We will make sure everyone has a place too load.
I've been telling shooters all along if they have room for a table for loading or for cleaning their guns please bring them.

If you have any questions about this please give me a call.

Art Clegg
623 878- 4979

Great

58 tables was more than I thought. 2 on a table is not bad but 3 would be a squeeze. Well, I've got one of those portable reloading stands from Midway and a 2X4 foot folding plastic table that I use at a local range to do load testing. So, I'll bring that stuff if I have room.

Went to the Midway site and I see that they have an upgraded portable reloading stand that looks interesting.

629993.jpg

Thanks

Thank you Dr Marsh and Walt Berger for all you do, what a great people.

Weather looks to be perfect for Cactus!!!!

Hope everyone can make it.

MAC

Glad that we didn't leave today to go out there. Wind speeds here are currently hitting 55 mph. Not fun to drive a motorhome in that kind of wind or anything else for that matter.

I never met a benchrest shooter who wouldn't gladly clear half his stuff off a bench to give another shooter some room to load if necessary. Just make sure that if that benchrester is Jim Erickson, be on the upwind half of the bench!:D:p

plastic table that I use at a local range to do load testing. So, I'll bring that stuff if I have room.

Went to the Midway site and I see that they have an upgraded portable reloading stand that looks interesting.

629993.jpg

That looks great if you are in an area that nobody could bump into it. Not what I would want in the average reloading shed

A little late to this party...but...

Don't buy that rig from Midway - it won't work well at all for benchrest shooting. Hope I'm not too late!

Back