Bullet Pointing?

Just got a new pointer From Wittens for 220 Sierra's tried it on 210 bergers they looked even better, don't know the angle but it done a fine job.
Do you mean the 210 Berger bullets pointed with the #2 Whidden insert look better than the 210 Berger bullets pointed with the #1 Whidden insert?

I made up a quick drawing for a single piece insert to replace the Whidden and decided to ask what the angle should be instead of guessing. The Whidden die is a Forster Ultra seating die with a caliber sleeve and an insert with a small angled hole in it, the actual tipping part. Easy for me to make but even easier if I knew the angle that worked.

That is what I ment 210 burgers Looked better with the #2 than the # 1! can you just start with a slight angle and keep increasing until you get what looks good, all I'm looking for is that it closes up the point without putting a bulge behind it.

Joe Salt

joe, have you checked your p.m.'s?

it's ok if you bulge em joe, just seat them backwards(boat tail out), the bulge will act as a spoiler and steer them all into the ten ring. works every time for us:D
tom

Tom if that is what your doing I'm going to try it! But I at least like making them look good, The bulge probably doesn't hurt anything, another part of the mind game.

Joe Salt

Back