Broke my Gentry cocking piece?

elmerdeer

I have a stiller predator action and I have the Gentry 3-pos safety mod on my bolt, I broke my cocking piece while i was cycleing the bolt and dry firing it. Now I would like to know what needs to be done? Will a regular Remington cocking piece work and where can i order a part like this?
Thanks
elmer

Bite the bullet, throw it in the garbage and get hold of Kiff at PTG for a "GOOD" one.

Thank you, so I guess you have seen the gentry's break before it seemed like it was a casting. I will order 2 of them for PTG and have a spare that way even if i am on a hunting trip I can replace it! Which one is the best and will it fit in properly?
Thank you
Elmer

It has been my recent experience,that Gentry's don't seem to be in the gunsmithing business anymore.Certainly since Dave's passing things have changed quite a bit.

I hope they can work it out ,the business enjoys a terrific reputation,and it would be nice to see the family continue.

The answer to your question is yes and no. A factory cocking piece will work but it must be modified to work with the safety. From reading your post I'm not sure you understand. Fitting 3 pos safeties is a pretty complicated task for someone that hasn't done any. The cocking piece must have a 40 deg angle ground on it a precise amount to get the safety to engage properly it is a try and fit method. You could still have an extra but they will have to be fit at the same time.

Bite the bullet, throw it in the garbage and get hold of Kiff at PTG for a "GOOD" one.

Jim who makes a good 3 position safety for a left hand remington?? As far as I know Gentry is the only one making a left hand safety.......Ian

Back