Brno #3

Brno #3S Stecher

Howdy!
1. Open bolt
2. Set trigger
3. Pull bolt to the rear as you pull the firing trigger.

4. Post back that you got it out.

5. How does it shoot, at what distance, with what ammo?

6. Ain't that trigger amazing? I think you can get it low enough to fire if you blow on it!

Greg

I know this is off subject a little bit, but is there any good/easy way to slick-up/improve the standard trigger on a Brno #1 ???

gr8guns

Howdy!
Were you able to get your bolt out ok?

If you have any questions I can help with, just holler.

Greg

Thanks !

Bolt came right out, and I had no trouble putting back in. Good to go, thanks for the info...Happy Shootin' !

I have not really got to shoot this wonderful triggered rifle yet.

I need rings to put a scope on. suggestions?

gr8guns

Howdy!
Glad you were able to get it out. I have not scoped mine, as I was afraid of scratching the reciever. Mine was made in 1956 and it looks like it came out of a time vault. I am yet to find out how it shoots, I have done a small amount of plinking with it, mostly because the trigger is wonderful and it is fun to see how low it can go. I don't want to scratch the gun in any way, the condition is so good it almost scares me. I will eventually get it to the range and put it thru it's paces, very carefully.

The guys on rimfirecentral.com can give you better info for scoping it. Lots of stuff on Brno and CZ rifles in the CZ forum. By any chance, do you now own the rifle that was the start of this thread?

Greg

Brno #3S

I too own a Brno #3S. I do not think it was ever shot more than a test target until a few weeks ago when I shot it a bit at a local indoor 50' range just to set the sights in case I chose to shoot it in a local match or two. It does shoot rather well with SK match. I also bought mine from Denny the Brno man about 7 years ago. Also picked up a #4 and #1 from him. Great guy.

Bob

Howdy!
Glad you were able to get it out. I have not scoped mine, as I was afraid of scratching the reciever. Mine was made in 1956 and it looks like it came out of a time vault. I am yet to find out how it shoots, I have done a small amount of plinking with it, mostly because the trigger is wonderful and it is fun to see how low it can go. I don't want to scratch the gun in any way, the condition is so good it almost scares me. I will eventually get it to the range and put it thru it's paces, very carefully.

The guys on rimfirecentral.com can give you better info for scoping it. Lots of stuff on Brno and CZ rifles in the CZ forum. By any chance, do you now own the rifle that was the start of this thread?

Greg

No, I bought mine from BRNO man, along with some sights, single shot adapter, and I also bought a number 1 from him with some killer wood.

He is a great guy, sometimes hard to contact due to his job, but he is THE SOURCE !

ouch!

Howdy,
And even at that price, it hurt to let it go............pesky economy got me. At least I know that it went to a good home, the guy that bought it had every Brno except that one.

One of these days when things pick up, I would like to find another one. It feels weird to look at this thread where I was giving info, and now I no longer have the rifle.

Greg

I know how you feel. I have two of the beasts and I also have two grandsons. I think their future is ordained.....

Old Swede

Wait a minute, I think I see an angle here. Find another #3S. As it happens, I am a young lad of only 44 and could be adopted as a grandson........:D

Greg

Here is one of them. You may have visiting rights.

PC300039.jpg

OldSwede

Thanks Pappaw!!!:D

I am still getting a kick out of your use of the word "ordained" regarding your grandsons and the Stechers. "My Pappaw says I am an ordained shooter!":)

Greg

rings for BRNO 3

Hi, I just bought BRNO 3 and absolutely love it. It shoots 2 inch group with open site at 100m.
I want to make it 200m piggy shooting rifle. I have HAWKE 30mm scope 6-24x50 for this.
I know that I need to find or make -20moa (front) +20moa (rear) rings to shoot 21" higher than rifle is pointed to. The grove for the scope on the action is 15.8mm outside and 14.5mm inside ( not regular 11mm European dove tail). Does anyone have any idea where to find this kind of rings?
Please reply here or j_m_ru@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Joe

D.I. Products makes a two-piece set of adapters to adapt the 16mm groove to a Weaver base. Loonk under "CZ" on their website. Then, get a set of Burris Signature Zee rings with the offset adapters. Done.

http://www.diproductsinc.com/

Last edited:
way old, but still need info

I have a few model 3. one is the 3s. one 3 has a stock like the model 4, the others have a stock like the 3s, kind of a "bulb" on it. One of the model 3 has a primitive looking tangent rear sight, unlike all the rest of the model 3 and model 4. The model 3s has the double triggers, not sure how to use it, will work on set up later, Any ideas?. It does fire by pushing the front one forward, reguardless or what i do with the rear. I know this is an old thread, but maybe it comes up top.
bob

I have a few model 3. one is the 3s. one 3 has a stock like the model 4, the others have a stock like the 3s, kind of a "bulb" on it. One of the model 3 has a primitive looking tangent rear sight, unlike all the rest of the model 3 and model 4. The model 3s has the double triggers, not sure how to use it, will work on set up later, Any ideas?. It does fire by pushing the front one forward, reguardless or what i do with the rear. I know this is an old thread, but maybe it comes up top.
bob

Hi Bob,
Wow, this thread goes back a ways!

I got hurt pretty bad in the recession and had to sell my 3S, along with a bunch of other good rifles.

From what I recall of the 3S, the back trigger is the set trigger. Pull it and the front trigger becomes verrrrrry light. Then pull the front trigger like you would on any other rifle. And by pull, I mean very lightly pull it. That trigger can be adjusted very low. Those are fine old rifles you have, I hope you enjoy them each and every one!

Take care,

Greg

it is an old thread, but those rifles are old, and i am getting there too! I will try that tomorrow. after cocking the bolt, neither trigger fires by pulling back. it will fire by pushing the front forward, which is very awkward. the rear feels very light in movement, but holding it back does not let the front one fire when pulled back. I am going to have to try different approaches.
thanx
bob

it is an old thread, but those rifles are old, and i am getting there too! I will try that tomorrow. after cocking the bolt, neither trigger fires by pulling back. it will fire by pushing the front forward, which is very awkward. the rear feels very light in movement, but holding it back does not let the front one fire when pulled back. I am going to have to try different approaches.
thanx
bob

Hi Bob,

I OWE YOU AN APOLOGY!

I had to go find a pic of one of these to check my memory.

I got it BACKWARDS! Goodness, I’m sorry! I sold mine years ago and forgot the trigger arrangement.

Pull the FRONT trigger to the rear until you hear a click and it should set the system.

THEN pull the rear trigger. You should be able to fire it this way.

I remembered the firing trigger was knurled, but I didn’t recall it’s position being in the back.

If you have any more issues let me know and we can sort them out.

Take care,

Greg

Back