Brady Knight has Passed away

Bart

Brady passed away tonight at around 9:20 pm.

Brady was a loved friend, family man and extraordinary bullet maker. Benchrest will be forever changed without him. Not too long ago I asked Brady if he was a believer and straight with the Lord! Without hesitation he said, "YES I AM!" God bless him and his family!

Let us all join in prayer for his family to be lifted up and comforted durning this very difficult time.

Bart

Went to the hospital yesterday to see the family they all seemed at peace with the situation. I'm glad I got to know Brady over the years. Let's keep the family in our prayers.

Missing Brady

Brady will be deeply missed by the entire BR community. He was a friend to all that knew him and a great mentor to me. I met Brady back ten years ago at my first BR match in Greenville, Alabama. I can still hear him singing "That Something In The Hole On The Log In The Bottom of the Sea" Or something like that..I'm sure you all remember. What great times were had by all and that low country boil that Brady hosted each and every year during the match at Mickey Coleman's in Greenville, AL. I also meet David Reynolds at this match. In these ten short years, these three men mentioned have left us. I pray for their families and there friends as BR won't be the same in the southeast.
Others that I remember meeting at my first BR match are Bart Sauter, Billy Stevens, Jackie Schmit, Doug Mcree,Scot Mims and Buddy Ross... What a crew....I see, talk or look forward to seeing these good friends two to three times a year at other BR matches; all but Jackie, haven't seen him in 10 years.
Brady Knight will never be forgotten by anyone who attended a BR match In Greenville AL. He will always be remembered for the great singing and all those GREAT LOW COUNTRY BOILS... Brady kept a extra bottle of HOTT sauce just in case too many people came to eat... He said if we make it hot enough there will always be some left over... That is useful information.... Prayers for all families ...
Scotty Grimes

Here is the way I choose to remember Brady....being a great host and feeding his friends at the SS. He will truly be missed. Rest in peace dear friend. James Mock

Attachments

• SS XXXIX 011-2.JPG
    SS XXXIX 011-2.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 535
God bless you Brady, rest in peace. My condolences to Diane and family. Brady was a generous and stand up guy. I remember at a SS many years ago I was walking by during his throw down, Brady said you need to get some of this, he didn't know me from adam. Last year at River Bend I left my 133 at home, Brady gave me a 8# jug and said take what you need, he wouldn't take a dime from me, that's the kind of person Brady was. I'll miss him as will so many others.

Dan Honert

God Bless Brady

Brady put up a courageous fight against all his medical problems. He won the battle for a long time and now can rest at peace with his maker. Prayers to Dianne & family during this difficult time.

I too remember all the great times at Greenville and the Low Country Boils there & the SS in Ohio. Brady loved going out visiting everyone riding that little golf cart scooter he had while having a little sip of "apple pie". He will truly be missed by all, especially two low to the ground little dogs, Gretchen & Baby, after all DOG is GOD spelled backwards.

Last edited:
Of all the characters we have (and have had) in Benchrest, Brady was the biggest. His humor was eclipsed only by his generosity and complete openness. Other than a few Yankees and politicians, there was almost no one that Brady wouldn't take into his inner circle, treating them just like family. In this Facebook age too many people confuse the words friend and acquaintance; Brady Knight made FRIENDS.

I was lucky to have met Brady when I first started out in Benchrest; one of his Greenville matches was my first registered match. Like he did everyone, he took me in like I'd been around forever. To me, he will always exemplify the spirit of our Benchrest "family".

His achievements and accomplishments, both within and outside of Benchrest, are far too many to list. I'm sure he felt his number one achievement was the great host of friends he earned over the years, but even he couldn't have known how large that number truly is.

Brady loved to gamble, and was a shrewd wagerer; but in his life, he was truly "ALL IN".

Rest in peace, my FRIEND. I love you, man.

Of all the characters we have (and have had) in Benchrest, Brady was the biggest. His humor was eclipsed only by his generosity and complete openness. Other than a few Yankees and politicians, there was almost no one that Brady wouldn't take into his inner circle, treating them just like family. In this Facebook age too many people confuse the words friend and acquaintance; Brady Knight made FRIENDS.

I was lucky to have met Brady when I first started out in Benchrest; one of his Greenville matches was my first registered match. Like he did everyone, he took me in like I'd been around forever. To me, he will always exemplify the spirit of our Benchrest "family".

His achievements and accomplishments, both within and outside of Benchrest, are far too many to list. I'm sure he felt his number one achievement was the great host of friends he earned over the years, but even he couldn't have known how large that number truly is.

Brady loved to gamble, and was a shrewd wagerer; but in his life, he was truly "ALL IN".

Jim, remember when Brady would show up wearing that vest with all the watches inside? I still have one!

What a wonderful guy!

This is the a terrible loss for the benchrest community, one of the most giving people I have ever met and we all are at a loss. Condolences to Dianne and family I am terribly sorry for your loss. I am honored and glad to have known him.... R.I.P. Brady George

That was perfect Jim...I can't possibly express it better.

Gonna miss you Brady. There's no one in benchrest who was a better friend to me.

Steve

Now that right there is Mr Knight! That was taken in Hoover Alabama after a day at the range. The management was keeping an eye on us to make sure we didn't leave with the hat. That was a fun night!

I will have to tell a few story's on Brad! There are a lot to choose from!

Bart

Rest in Peace, Brady...

Thanks for all the good times, laughs and support, Brady! We're all gonna miss you!

I know you have earned a high place in heaven...

Let's all keep Brady and his family in all our prayers...

Jack

Back