Bourbon

Oldman (me too! LOL):

Love a discussion about Bourbon!!

This topic is going to be about as opinionated as RFBR! After a few years of searching, I found my first bottle of Buffalo Trace, and have been there ever since.

My wife and I made the trip to the distillery last winter, and it was amazing. The smell in the warehouses was indescribable (like hundreds of years worth of aging spirits, charred white oak and a whole lot of magic!).

Occasionally (like once in a few months) in the great white north of Ohio, you will see Buffalo Trace in stores - just a bottle or two, and it never lasts more than a day. Other BT Distillery Bourbons ade equally amazing - I enjoy Weller (if you like a Wheated Bourbon, with a little more sweetness), or Blanton's - which is pure heaven again, if you can find it. Oh, and Eagle Rare and E.H. Taylor are also great, and from the same distillery.

There are many great others, but those are my favorites.

PS - Its hard to believe that this distillery has been there since two years BEFORE the signing of the Declaration of Independence!

Great topic!!

kev

Kev,

Living here in Ky brings many a bourbon benefit. If you are looking for some value and a great smooth taste, try Jim Beam's double oaked/twice barreled. It was about 20 bucks, the label has a bluish tint to it. I was very much surprised by the taste given back in my youth I downed significant quantities of JB and diet coke! Mark

Kev,

Living here in Ky brings many a bourbon benefit. If you are looking for some value and a great smooth taste, try Jim Beam's double oaked/twice barreled. It was about 20 bucks, the label has a bluish tint to it. I was very much surprised by the taste given back in my youth I downed significant quantities of JB and diet coke! Mark

I will Mark, great to hear from you!

I hope you and yours are doing well - not sure about the upcoming baseball season (with the looming strike and all), we still need to do a Cleveland / Cubs game though!!

Right now I am just finishing a bottle of Blanton's that Santa brought - but I will start looking for the JB you suggested!

All the very best

kev

I will Mark, great to hear from you!

I hope you and yours are doing well - not sure about the upcoming baseball season (with the looming strike and all), we still need to do a Cleveland / Cubs game though!!

Right now I am just finishing a bottle of Blanton's that Santa brought - but I will start looking for the JB you suggested!

All the very best

kev

Cubs - Cleveland it is ! maybe one of them will score a run ! or throw a strike! or field a bobbleless grounder or get their uniform dirty!!!! It is going to be a loooooonnnngggggggg year

I like Old Forster 1897 Bottled in Bond best, but Michters, Larceny, Knob Creek, and even Wild Turkey 101 are all very good.

Sounds like we need a bourbon night at Atterbury this summer!

Back