bonded cores, coper tubing jacket, dual rverse jacketed bullet aka A-frame

unbelieveable what you can dream on rainy day acc like bench gun

I can state this with certainty: a ball-bearing, seated between two cores, with the expectation - hope, really - that the bearing might act like a partition, limiting expansion, is not a good idea . . . ask me how I know, but don't expect an answer.:pRG

RG,

Have you ever replace the ball bearing by a 243 jacket seated base up in the .308 jacket ?.

As far as I understood David Corbin, there is a long long core placed (not core seated) in the .243 jacket, the .243 material is placed jacket base up in the .308 and core seated. Then a short lead core is added for the .308 point, core seat again. Then comes the final pointing.

David has customers using that set up for hunting and they seems happy with terminal ballistic and MOA accuracy (minute of antler).

He also has customers re-doing something like an A-Square Dead Tough using thick coper tubing (think it is steam grade or so). So they swag a very thick jacket, core seat and point. They get limited expansion and plenty of sectional density. That was not mentioned but I bet for a round nose.

Email send.:D

Oliver.

RG,

Have you ever replace the ball bearing by a 243 jacket seated base up in the .308 jacket ?.

As far as I understood David Corbin, there is a long long core placed (not core seated) in the .243 jacket, the .243 material is placed jacket base up in the .308 and core seated. Then a short lead core is added for the .308 point, core seat again. Then comes the final pointing.

David has customers using that set up for hunting and they seems happy with terminal ballistic and MOA accuracy (minute of antler).

He also has customers re-doing something like an A-Square Dead Tough using thick coper tubing (think it is steam grade or so). So they swag a very thick jacket, core seat and point. They get limited expansion and plenty of sectional density. That was not mentioned but I bet for a round nose.

Email send.:D

Oliver.

I have not. I didn't have faith that such a bullet would have the precision I look for, so didn't go there. My current LOT of Sierra 6.5/.264 jackets are a near perfect fit [into a LOT 30 Cal. of J4 on hand] for this concept - especially, where, "MOA accuracy (minute of antler)", is adequate precision. I can see that if trimmed to a suitable length & cored flush, or, slightly proud of the smaller diameter/internal jacket mouth, the upside-down inner jacket may work. Who knows, maybe such a bullet could shoot REAL MOA . . . or, better . . . and hold together!;) Once Barnes got the bugs worked out on the TTS line, the doors to penetration closed for me (see my e-mail response).:pRG

Back