Best scope for long range?

neborus

I've been looking for a scope to do everything long range hunt and Rimfire. Can anyone you guys suggest me a good entry-level (not bottom of the barrel) scope for long-range rimfire??
Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Long range rimfire I would suppose is 100 yards and for that the Leupold, Nightforce, and such scopes in the 36X to 40x range would work well for you. You might want to post your question on the rimfire page of this website may get you more and more educated answers.

I've been looking for a scope to do everything long range hunt and Rimfire. Can anyone you guys suggest me a good entry-level (not bottom of the barrel) scope for long-range rimfire??
Thanks in advance for suggestions.

For offhand shooting, I like the BSA Sweet 22 line for my 22 silhouette shooting. These are good scopes for the money and you can quickly adjust for distance.

Long range rimfire I would suppose is 100 yards and for that the Leupold, Nightforce, and such scopes in the 36X to 40x range would work well for you. You might want to post your question on the rimfire page of this website may get you more and more educated answers.

Fran,
your response seems to be educated enough." Long range" may not implicate the .17 MR, but I belong to a weekly club of old geezers that shoot aspirins at 100 yds that are glued to a large piece of cardboard every 3 inches, up and down, for 50 pills. We get One shot only. Miss, and it goes to the next guy on your right. We shoot for dimes only. My firearm was a Rem. 40x with a 36 Leu. BR triggers and flags a must. we all used whichever ammo our barrel preferred. Mine liked Eley 10x red box. It is a pure blast. Conditions prevailing, one could watch the projectile going to the target. Mine listed at 1068. Another thing.....if you did'nt get the WHOLE pill, those tight wads would not pay ! ( of course....all scopes were on every pill waiting their turn.) what a great weekly affair.

Fran,
your response seems to be educated enough." Long range" may not implicate the .17 MR, but I belong to a weekly club of old geezers that shoot aspirins at 100 yds that are glued to a large piece of cardboard every 3 inches, up and down, for 50 pills. We get One shot only. Miss, and it goes to the next guy on your right. We shoot for dimes only. My firearm was a Rem. 40x with a 36 Leu. BR triggers and flags a must. we all used whichever ammo our barrel preferred. Mine liked Eley 10x red box. It is a pure blast. Conditions prevailing, one could watch the projectile going to the target. Mine listed at 1068. Another thing.....if you did'nt get the WHOLE pill, those tight wads would not pay ! ( of course....all scopes were on every pill waiting their turn.) what a great weekly affair.

Too awesome :)

if you leave some pill does the next guy shoot the piece to get doublesies?

nope...but I should also point out, that when you break one and the guy to your right breaks the next, it reverts back to the guy on your left. I did that 3 times with the guy on my left, a total of 6 pills with 6 shots, most unusual for sure .the 7th shot was again his, ( and all the guys on the line are watching of course). he missed by perhaps an inch. I got a piece of it but not all of it. All that concentration and I couldn't collect a dime from the others ! Pure fun.

Back