Best Powder for Savage 6.5 Creedmoor 27" barrel

WillyG

Is H4350 still the best powder to use for a 6.5 cm with a 27" Criterion barrel? I am shooting a Sierra Game King 140 grain bullet. I have a stash of IMR4350 and Varget. I've been finishing up my IMR4895 with it, and it shoots well with that. Any input would be appreciated. I haven't purchased the H4350 and wonder if it's worth it. Thank you.

Last edited:
Is H4350 still the best powder to use for a 6.5 cm with a 27" Criterion barrel? I am shooting a Sierra Game King 140 grain bullet. I have a stash of IMR4350 and Varget. I've been finishing up my IMR4895 with it, and it shoots well with that. Any input would be appreciated. I haven't purchased the H4350 and wonder if it's worth it. Thank you.

Hodgdon has LOTS of reloading data for the 6.5Creed, including FIVE bullets in the 140-147g. range.. I believe it's all available online.. The two powders generating the highest velocities (at the 'same' maximum pressures) are the newish StaBALL 6.5 and Superformance., the same powders I'll be using, at least initially, to load my incoming 6mm Creemoor.

Hodgdon has LOTS of reloading data for the 6.5Creed, including FIVE bullets in the 140-147g. range.. I believe it's all available online.. The two powders generating the highest velocities (at the 'same' maximum pressures) are the newish StaBALL 6.5 and Superformance., the same powders I'll be using, at least initially, to load my incoming 6mm Creemoor.

Those are 2 powders I hadn't thought of. I especially thought about the Superformance, and will check it out. Thanks!

Back