Benchmark Powder

E

ERPD 527

I bought a lb of Benchmark powder, I have been loading it in my 223 and 308. However, it doesnt seem to be very consistent. It shoots high, low, right and left. Ive been shooting 5 shot groups and all the loads have been exact in powder charges and case length. Has anyone else had trouble with benchmark. My rifles shoot groups that can be covered with a quarter at 100 yds with Vhitavouri and RL-15, RL-10x.

2 questions: are you using wind flags; have you tuned your loads with benchmark?

Just used one lb of Benchmark so far. Works great. It's bigger than ball, but shorter than Varget and R15.

Check the Hodgdon site and see if that lot was bad.

I bought a lb of Benchmark powder, I have been loading it in my 223 and 308. However, it doesnt seem to be very consistent. It shoots high, low, right and left. Ive been shooting 5 shot groups and all the loads have been exact in powder charges and case length. Has anyone else had trouble with benchmark. My rifles shoot groups that can be covered with a quarter at 100 yds with Vhitavouri and RL-15, RL-10x.

Its not the powder!

I've had good luck accuracy wise with Benchmark, but the first of it I bought right after it was introduced was some slower than the newer stuff I got a couple of years ago.

I havent had to use windflags here, since there is little to no wind on the mountain where I shoot, I am just starting with the benchmark mins to max trying to find starting point, I load 5 shot groups, I did the same with RL 10x and shot very tight groups with my 700 tactical, but benchmark just doesnt seem to do as well, my 700P in 308 did shoot one good group at 39 grns with 4 of 5 touching at 100 yds. With the RL 15 I can hit golf balls at 200, so Im not sure what else it could be other than my rifles dont like BM or it is a bad batch.

Back