Belted case problems real or not , Cures?

Depending on how picky you are let your smith have at least 20 pieces of brass. When he sets the headspace he should use the brass you have provided not a standard set of gauges for belted magnum brass. You will end up throwing out several pieces because they will not chamber. In the end you will have a great set of brass that will live a long time. Of course this depends on the initial quality of the brass which is a common theme among all chamberings.
Basically if the chamber is made to fit your brass you should have zero trouble with sizing.

Daryl Kopriva

Daryl,
You are correct! It’s all about the headspace gauge. The standard Belted Magnum “Go-Gauge measure .220” to the top of the belt. Norma .300 Wby cases measure .216”. Alvin Johnson recommended using a .217” Go-Gauge. I use the .217” Go and a Neil Jones Custom Sizer and I don’t have any problems. I have not lost a piece of brass yet.
Baron

I find it very hard to believe on the 5-600 rds. for peak accuracy for a Dasher barrel. I will set them back again for the 3rd year and it still shoot very well. ....... jim

Charles, I see that the 1K records that were broken with a 300WSM. and the Dashers...mmmm I see a pattern forming here....jim

Jim -

Were all 10 of the 2012 records broke with those two (30WSM<>6Dasher) ?
I'm thinking so, but not positive on a couple.

On a note, I am retiring my 1st Bartlien now. Took it to 3600-rounds w/3 set backs. It did win 2 relays its last outing for Score. I've never retired one under 2500 yet and are giving me 2 to 3 times the life then I use to get from my old 243Ackley days.

How many do you got down that old Brux I sold you now ?

Best Regards
Donovan

Last edited:
Donovan, I know the one's that with the records they just posted are 300 WSM and Dashers,I'm not sure on the rest. This will be the 3rd. set back on the old Brux and it still can shoot in the 4's and 5's for 10 shots. It is the one to screw on when it's windy, I'll shoot it till it quits then it will make seating dies..... it's well over 2500....... jim

Back