Barts Bullets

rsrw

Hi folks, got a question. Are the Barts bullets the best around. I was told that I should try them, so I ordered a box of 100 to test out. Been waiting like six weeks now for them. Are they really worth the wait over some of the other really good bullets. Don’t get me wrong I am not opposed to waiting for them, just wondering if they are that good and being used by a lot of people. Obviously if they are you just plan ahead and order them in advance of your actual need I guess. Suppose I may just be talking out loud because I am kind of anxious to try them.
Scott

Last edited:
define "other good bullets" ?
yes it is normal to wait for real custom bullets
bart does try to stock stuff, but when out they do not order more, they have to make them.
there is a 6mm long range maker that runs a 6-12 month backlog
i shoot 2 of barts bullets and i like them

I used Bart's 6mm 68 grain Ultra and .30-cal 112 before making my own. Both shot extremely well. As with most custom bullets, they're worth the wait. Now that I'm making my own, I fully understand the turnaround times. These are all done on single-stage presses. I cut and swage my own cores and to run 1,000 entails ~10 hours.

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

By other “good” bullets I mean, Berger’s, Lapua, Nosler.

Those are a complete different class of bullets. Could be if you don't have to wait that maybe they're not very good compared to custom made.

Later
Dave

Those are a complete different class of bullets. Could be if you don't have to wait that maybe they're not very good compared to custom made.

Later
Dave

Dave you are likely right. I was just generally asking as have never used these bullets before.

Hey guys, no one else need reply. It was kind of an absurd question anyway. I was just sitting there and it popped into my head and I typed it out. Think before you type. They would not be a wait for them if they weren’t any good. Thanks for those who took of there time to reply, but I think this one should just be buried.

those are not custom br competiton bullets...which is why you do not have to wait for them.
berger makes some great bullets, i shoot some, but if i can replace them with a custom, I DO.

By other “good” bullets I mean, Berger’s, Lapua, Nosler.

Hey guys, no one else need reply. It was kind of an absurd question anyway. I was just sitting there and it popped into my head and I typed it out. Think before you type. They would not be a wait for them if they weren’t any good. Thanks for those who took of there time to reply, but I think this one should just be buried.

I believe I have some that I can give you. They are the last of a great lot, but I have more for myself.
Send a PM.

I used Bart's 6mm 68 grain Ultra and .30-cal 112 before making my own. Both shot extremely well. As with most custom bullets, they're worth the wait. Now that I'm making my own, I fully understand the turnaround times. These are all done on single-stage presses. I cut and swage my own cores and to run 1,000 entails ~10 hours.

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

As you know, Lee, making great Benchrest Quality Bullets is like everything else in Benchrest. Remove as many variables as possible.

I am now making my own 112 grn 30’s, and have just about got my long range 6mm 104’s straightened out. Ed Bernabeo will be shooting them tomorrow in his 6BRA at the 400 yard Claybreak at Walker County.

We have a big shut down job in the Shop that we have to get out tomorrow.so I can’t make it. If they do good tomorrow, I will tell you what we are doing different.

Jackie, how did the claybreak go today?

Joe, I can’t make it. We have an emergency dry docking down in Corpus Christi, I was down there today looking at the boat. We have to straighten two 9 inch shafts in the morning.

That’s the problem with Saturday Matches. For many of us, Saturday is often just another work day.

Ed will be shooting my bullets.

Butch, I’m sorry. I am buying .224-52 grain right now. However, thank you so much for your generous offer. I wish I had that 6mm rifle already. Have talked to the builder about doing rifle for me. Just a bit slow to pull the trigger.

I like Bart’s original flat base 52g

5 shot groups @ 100 yds

I couldn’t get Sierras or Bergers to shoot as small.

Attachments

• E0B6CD56-741A-4A9F-9D99-7381DDE1A647.jpeg
    E0B6CD56-741A-4A9F-9D99-7381DDE1A647.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 346
I tried 55’s, made by different manufacturers, but the rifle just likes the 52’s. I’m getting pretty good groups with the other bullets, hoping with the Barts flat base I can get them a bit smaller. Glad to hear the Barts shoot good for you.

you are doing fine you have a good load' don't change it''

Gerry, are you suggesting that I should stay with the Nosler’s I am using and forget about the Barts? Don’t mean the response in a flip way, just asking.

Back