Barrel Block ?

I was able to find there web-site Vince. But no information about this stock. Would you know of another resource for information?

I also want to thank everyone for there input. I believe I have a basic understanding of this now, but it is that basic. I would like to give this a try and maybe as I gather information the correct path will become a little more clear.

I do have another question however. I would want this to be a switch barreled rifle or at the minimum have to ability to change barrels quickly, or maybe easily would be more correct wording. Will I have to have a different Block for each barrel? I do not believe I would go with the Glue in system for this reason.

Roland

Roland - if you PM me on vinceb@targetshooteronline.com I can send you an article with pics that I did on the stock for Target Shooter magazine. I have two complete barrelled-actions for my stock - swapping over takes only minutes.

Vince

I didnt want to start a new thread on this but still have a few questions on this myself.

For one, can a barrel block ultimately have the same effect as a tuner on the end of the barrel? Provided you move the barrel up or down the block until optimum and play with the torque?

Also, what is the difference between a barrel block and a Mann accuracy device? And how come you dont really see Mann accuracy devices in use in modern day BR?

And did Vaughn ever try a Mann device, or barrel block for that matter? Did Vaughn ever test or say anything in regards to optimum barrel outer diameter?

Finally, if anyone has a print or e-book version of "Rifle Accuracy Facts" by Vaughn for sale, please PM me.

Thanks yall.

Good luck on finding that book, if you do have your wallet open! I believe barrel blocks have been tried in different lengths but as for tuner, I've never seen it done. But that doesn't mean It hasn't been tried. I believe the length for a barrel that is like 1.450 is like 8.5" or 9" but my LG. has one 6" long. Only way to find out is try it! And you might try one front and back.

Joe Salt

Good luck on finding that book, if you do have your wallet open! I believe barrel blocks have been tried in different lengths but as for tuner, I've never seen it done. But that doesn't mean It hasn't been tried. I believe the length for a barrel that is like 1.450 is like 8.5" or 9" but my LG. has one 6" long. Only way to find out is try it! And you might try one front and back.

Joe Salt

I see what youre saying and maybe I worded it wrong. I meant a tuner thats on the end of the barrel like the rimfire guys use, compared to a conventional barrel block, and just moving the barrel back/forth within the block and playing with the torque. LOL I didnt mean hanging a block off the end of the barrel..

I didnt want to start a new thread on this but still have a few questions on this myself.

For one, can a barrel block ultimately have the same effect as a tuner on the end of the barrel? Provided you move the barrel up or down the block until optimum and play with the torque?

Also, what is the difference between a barrel block and a Mann accuracy device? And how come you dont really see Mann accuracy devices in use in modern day BR?

And did Vaughn ever try a Mann device, or barrel block for that matter? Did Vaughn ever test or say anything in regards to optimum barrel outer diameter?

Finally, if anyone has a print or e-book version of "Rifle Accuracy Facts" by Vaughn for sale, please PM me.

Thanks yall.

"e-book"

Ha!

Brennan never got e-MAIL let alone e-books....

LOL

al

Well I saw Mr Ellertson saying he would copy it onto a pdf if there was a place to host it.

Figured if there is any possibility someone has done that or will do that Id love to know about it.

There is a site that you can put pdf books onto, bookzz.org
Though Im not sure how legal that would be....

Anyway, Mr Al, I know you`ve read it and I know you do quite a bit of testing. Honestly I think you should publish everything you`ve done Mr Al, Id pay good money to have access to all the info you have come across through your testing.

For example, how does the Mann Device work? And would you say there is any accuracy benefit one way or the other between a barrel-block rig and a Mann device rifle?

Also, how is your 1000yd Heavy Gun set up? IE is it a railgun, barrel-block, or conventional?

And would you say there is any accuracy difference either way between a heavy barrel-block setup vs. a rail gun?

Thank you sir.
Blake.

Last edited:
Since the barrel is held in a block and the heaviest part of the barrel is now supported said:
How are nodes changed? Wider? Lower or higher speed?

Back