ballistic software

D

dion

I would like to know where I could get a good accurate program to do my ballistics. Currenty I have been setting targets up at different distances to find out my scope settings. This takes a lot of time and a lot of ware on the barrel. I have the infinity program but I am told that it will not work due to the fact I have a 20 moa base mounted for the scope. I would like to run my loads threw my cronagragh, enter the the data and go to the field and hunt ground hogs... any info.. suggestions would REALY HELP. Thank you

the software will only be reference..cause it was not written with your bbl....your lot of powder, your lot of brass.

i use quikload with comes with quiktarget...it has variables like distance of scope over bore, elevation temp and distance from 25 to 1000 yds....

no idea why inifinity wont work with your rifle..it is a function of bore centerlines and a zero somewhere...100, 200 500...

what you would like to do and real life is gonna be a little different...you will need to confirm all your zeros at each distance.

mike in co

I was told that there was programs out there that would allow me to pop a ground hog at 600 to 700 hundred yards. I called infinity and they said there program would not work because my 20 moa base

Lawerance.. my phone whant down load the program u suggested

If you have an Android phone, check out Strelok, the base version is free and I've found it accurate to within a click out to 700 yards.

You will need to know BC and velocity.

JBM is outstanding and the fact that you have a 20 MOA base on your rifle has no bearing on the solution all the base does is change the physical location of your zero on the turret. If you have an Android phone you can get Shooter and it will give you the same solutions as JBM.

Hitting a ground hog at 600 to 700 yards will take more than just an accurate ballistics solution, you will need accurate measurements of the environmentals, your muzzle velocity, the range, and a few other things. When you are done you will still need to verify the solutions the software gives you much like you were doing when you shot your rifle at the different ranges.

JBM is the ONLY ballistic software that is worth paying attention to. The rest are wanna-bes that will send you down dead-ends.. Bookmark JBM and use it. Don't waste your money on anything else.

You apparently have no experience with Bulletflight. Runs in my iPhone. Same SW as used by military snipers. Works great. I have the data for all my varmint rifles and cartridges stored in it ready to go. I just pick the rifle+load of the day and go hunting.

There is no magic related to ballistic software. No secret sauce. No equations known only to a select few. The equations are well known, JBM uses the same equations as everybody else. The only differences are the user interface and the platform they run on.

Fitch

Back